white mites...are they?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white mites...are they?

I have noticed a few white dots on my chlie rose, these are tiny, tiny things like specs of dust.
    However i keep my chlie rose lives on vermicultie and she has been digging and moving bit around every where, so i'am not quite sure Whether these white dots are white mites or Whether they are just bits of dust of the vermiculte??
    Has anyone else ever had this problem? Or is there a test to see Whether they are mites or not?

Cheers,
    Dan.

Re: white mites...are they?

Originally posted by Daniel Carpenter
    I have noticed a few white dots on my chlie rose, these are tiny, tiny things like specs of dust.
    However i keep my chlie rose lives on vermicultie and she has been digging and moving bit around every where, so i'am not quite sure Whether these white dots are white mites or Whether they are just bits of dust of the vermiculte??
    Has anyone else ever had this problem? Or is there a test to see Whether they are mites or not?

Cheers,
    Dan.
    Dan
    Have a closer look they are most likely mites if they are on the damper areas of the vermiculite. It also could be dust as vermiculite can create a shed load of this but its usually very fine dust you know the type "calorie free”

I personally don't use vermiculite for this reason as it could well affect the tarantulas’ book lungs.

Anyway if you have mites its best to do a bit of a spring clean as they thrive on the waste material in the tank - dead crickets and leftovers etc.

Cheers
    Mark

P.S Sorry about the little britain pun

------------------------------------------------------
    Serious Ink tattoo studio -
    Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

is there any way of making sure the mites are all gone,
      or is there always gonna be some somewhere..

Comment

so would the best way to stop my t's becoming mite infested would be to remove all dead matter from my tanks ?
        B.Smithi
        G.Rosea (RCF)
        B.Vagans
        P.Irminia
        A.Avicularia
        L.Parahybana

Comment

Working...
        X