G rosea spitting up water?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G rosea spitting up water?

I saw this last night. My pre molt sling was sat atop the plant pot, head down, and a goblet of water was seemingly coming out of her mouth. I dont thinlk she'd been anywhere near her water bowl as it was on the other side of the tank. Any ideas what she was doing?
    My Collection: - Spiders are everywhere, so live with it
    Ray Gabriel

WATER

Hi,
    First of all - don't worry. I have observed this many times over the years with my own spiders. It seems to be a natural occurrance but I am not sure why.
    In my experience, it certainly isn't anything life threatening.
    Keep observing, keep writing - keep publishing.

Comment

Ive seen it myself from a couple of my spiders over the years and not sure myslef. Have a couple theorys but not proven and would appreciate input. 1 possible that tarantulas, like all matter of life, regurgitates. 2 venom sacs too full and needing to release excess venom. I have no proof of an of this but as said is purely theory and thought.

Comment

I was informed via arachnoboards that its excess venom-do small slings possess venom?

Also, why oh why doesnt this site keep me logged in?
        I have saved the page from logged in, yet when I log in, read a message etc, then then click on a link in an email it opens a new page and asks me to log in!
        My Collection: - Spiders are everywhere, so live with it
        Ray Gabriel

Comment

wow sounds quite worrying but aslong as the t's is fine and well
          B.Smithi
          G.Rosea (RCF)
          B.Vagans
          P.Irminia
          A.Avicularia
          L.Parahybana

Comment

Working...