a question????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a question????

Hi guys im new to the forum and looking to learn I have a Chilean rose that I have had for about 4 months now and have read alot but want to learn more. my first question is humidity I dont understand when it says 65% humidity how do you know what this is and how do you get it like this thanks in advance for helping im sure there will be many more questions and as I learn hopefully I can help others
    The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Humidity is as it is, humidity, it is the moisture level in the air of the surrounding space such as the tank for instance. For example as you pointed out 65% this is the percentage level of humidity needed meaning 65% of the air is moist. To have humidity in the tank there are many methods to acheive this and attain different levels for different species though if you can manage a variable within the % so they are between say 65% - 79%. Most used method which I had read on many times years ago when I was learning is to have a few air holes in the tank so the moisture doesnt escape and maintains a certain level and to spray or mist the inside of the tank, such as the substrate, moss, plants and various objects. If you have a plastic pet holes that has many ventilations strips along the lid which is too many to retain humidity tape cling film on the underside of the lid, about 2/3 roughly of the lid surface area. At one point I purchased a room humidifier that kept on for certain length of time to bring the level of humidity up in the room when it was particularly low, At one point I found that getting a damp, (not drenched) towel and palcing it over the warm radiator raises the humidity level up by a few %. There are many ways to create humidity but the simplest and most used is to spray and mist the tank with a spray bottle. There are many books on Ts to read that will give details on humidity and the importance of it, it is essential that certain species have a level of humidity in order to shed successfully or they may not survive. The mechanics of a T is much likes the hydrolichs of a pneumatic tool, needing certain level of water in order to function. To measure the level a digital thermometor/ Hygrometer would be useful not the cheap dials which are not very accurate.

Comment

thanks mate at the moment I just have chilean rose where the humidity doesnt need to be high im just interested in learning
      The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

I have two chile rose's and have Learnt that they dont relly mind to much about the humidity they are a very ''hardy'' tarantula. about a spray with water about once every outher day and they should be fine

Comment

Working...
        X