DWA Species

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Glenn View Post
    Do you need a DWA certificate for each animal, or does it cover everything on the list? I was looking into costs today because i would like to keep Buthidae scorpions, but would i need to amend it if i wanted to keep DWA spiders or snakes at a later date?
    Pretty sure you need one per animal
    cheers
    Mark

------------------------------------------------------
    Serious Ink tattoo studio -
    Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

The license needs to be updated for every additional species (as well as additional specimens I think), additionally the license must be updated/approved before you purchase the animal and another vet inspection may be required. So essentially you need to confirm sale with the seller of any DWA species about 6-8 weeks in advance, update you license and then after that the animal can be sent to you. All in all it's rather a hassle.

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up guys

Glenn
        Glenn Wilkinson

Comment

I would say that there is no reason for banning anything at boards but also I agree that people should be informed about sp that they are buying and about papers that they need to have too keep them at home .

there should be clear rules whot seller need to do when selling DWA sp on classifieds

also it is important to remember that BTS is becoming world wide organisation so not only people from UK might be interested in buying on classfild so why ban something that is legal for them ?

I would post a sticky with DWA sp and set a rule that all sellers have to inform that certain as from their price list is on DWA in clear , visible way , when posting on classifieds
          si ad naturam vives, numquam eris pauper

Comment

Originally posted by BakuBak View Post
            I would say that there is no reason for banning anything at boards but also I agree that people should be informed about sp that they are buying and about papers that they need to have too keep them at home .

there should be clear rules whot seller need to do when selling DWA sp on classifieds

also it is important to remember that BTS is becoming world wide organisation so not only people from UK might be interested in buying on classfild so why ban something that is legal for them ?

I would post a sticky with DWA sp and set a rule that all sellers have to inform that certain as from their price list is on DWA in clear , visible way , when posting on classifieds
            Hi
            If you visit the Bulletin board and the new BTS classified section - clear and concise rules are posted or should I say linked too. here

The BTS does not restrict or suggest a ban in such species, but due to legal reasons cannot have them for sale at the BTS expo.

Cheers
            Mark

------------------------------------------------------
            Serious Ink tattoo studio -
            Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
            My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

One species that seems to have dropped off the list is Lycosa raptoria which is shown on the Dept. of the Environment Guide for Invertebrate imports 1998.

It did seem an anomally then with no other Lycosa species being included, anyone know why it has just disapeared? The info I have is that is is called the "Garden Spider" in its native Brazil and has a Cytotoxic venom similar to that of Sicarius (although much less so)

Interesting that Sicarius itself does not make the list, specifically the law refers to "Sicarridae of the genus Loxoceles"
              The things that come to those who wait may be the things left by those who got there first!

Comment

DWA invertibrates.

I don't know why Lycosidae were taken off the list, but with the BTS website there should be some kind of legal cover for the BTS. For example if some idiot without a DWA licence buys something as advertised on the site (eg. Phonneutria fera or Atrax robustus) and the idiot then gets bitten and dies, that could land the BTS in serious water. So unless there is some way of ensuring purchasers have DWA licences when they buy from advertisers on the site (where required), the society has to be very careful to protect themselves (and rightly so). Myself I would love to own some Atrax, but the cost of the required setup (not to mention the licence! £129 a year for 2006) and the thought of having something which as a matter of course could kill me, kind of puts me off. Still, each to their own.
                sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

I doubt very much if there would be any legal comeback for the BTS if someone bought from an advert and something nasty happened. The contract of sale is made between the buyer and seller and not the advertiser.

It is also the buyer and seller's responsibility to ensure that what they are offering for sale or buying is legal.

My Collection:

Comment

Working...
                  X