X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poecilotheria miranda sexual dimorphism

Good day all,

My P.miranda has molted just recently, pics soon I promise

My question is can you see any sexual dimorphism in them from an early age??

Its probably about 2.5 - 3 inches now, and I know that some species like the ornata for instance shows some dimorphism from an early age. All the adult female miranda that I see have quite a dark diamond pattern, so I asume I can't really use that to determin sex.

If my miranda was male would he be quite dull and brown? as mine has pretty distinct black and just off white on the legs, It's quite colorfull as aposed to dull.

anyone have a picture of an imature male?? and maybe an imature female for comparison??

thanks in advance
    My T Gallery

Hi Martin,

P. miranda are not sexually dimorphic before adult.

Some people will try to tell you about the diferent colour in the central band in the pholium being a way to sex Poecilotheria, but they cannot tell me why a pholium sexed s/a male produced an eggsac????

Your best bet is to have it skin sexed.

Ray

Comment

ok thanks ray

I tried to have a go myself with my macro lenses for my camera but the part I need to look at is damaged

aslo is it right that poecilotheria sex parts are very small generaly, because looking at parts of the skin that are intact I can see there could posibly be a flap but no ball type structure at all, so maybe the specimen is just too young to sex, what size can you sex them at??
      My T Gallery

Comment

Working...
      X