Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

girly question - How do you know if your T is happy??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my mother has just been on the phone to see if I was joking when I said I had got one. She thinks I have gone mad.

My mother reacted in the same way, she even threatened not to visiit my house again . My mother has an extreme spider phobia, and it probably did not help that as kids we used to suspend plastic spiders on fishing lines from our bedroom window when my mother was sunbathing in the garden.

Comment

Now that is cruel!!! Did make me laugh though. Have the in laws coming around for the first time to see him - the mum in law is scared of spiders and says she will not look - do not think I will hang anything off the ceiling though for her! Do not think she would find it funny.

thanks for every one telling their T stories as to why they keep them. I find it amazing how so many T keepers were actually scared of spiders originally. Any more reasons why greatly recieved as I find it great reading and I am sure other people do to. I did get called psychotic yesterday for keeping one so the name calling keeps increasing!!!.

Take care

Comment

My future mother in law doesnt love spiders as such but she likes all ther colours that the tarantulas come in saying they are beautifully coloured. The only time she worries is when she sees a tv episode or film with a tarantula in it that was apparantly dangerous and gets query. Like in an episode from the CSI sage there was a Haplopelma lividum used in a scene as far as I was awarer that was apparantly dangerous. To the unknown they are bright coloured, big and look dangerous but for the ones who know better we can reasure them.

Comment

The mother in law survived the visit but would not look at him but father in law thought he was beautiful. I am finding the longer I have had him (now a week) the more I love him!!.

Just one question - I looked into the beginner matrix and it says there that a happy T is one that you never really see. My T has half a plant pot and a largish piece of bark but he never goes in and under there. He is always out. i have even moved the bark and leaned it up against the side as I thought maybe he could not get under so I have tilted it. Any ideas?

Many thanks!!!!

Comment

Sorry for all the questions by the way!! I have done a lot of reading but I keep thinking of different things the more I read!! Only a week long T owner!! Thank you for all the replies so far. If I should be started a new thread please let me know.
            Cheers!

Comment

Thing about Brachypelmas is they tend to spend most of there time out in the open, each specie to there on. Ive had a B vagan that tore the whole ground up and hid but my smithi was always out. My male B bohemei is always out i have to peices of wood that are arched to form a canopy and he spends more time sitting on top of the wood than under it going under when he feels theatened.
              Its quite normal

Comment

Working...
              X