Phormictopus cancerides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phormictopus cancerides

I have to-day ordered a Phormictopus cancerides (Haiti Brown) and have been trying to find a decent care sheet, with no luck.
    So can someone please advise me. Or if you know of a good care sheet/s please post them.
    Cheers,
    Dan.

.:: CARESHEETS -> PHORMICTOPUS CANCERIDES ::.

Name : Phormictopus cancerides (Latreille 1806)
    Subfamily : Theraphosinae
    Habitat : rainforest, tropical scrub
    Size : 7-8 cm BL
    Temperature : 25-28 c
    Humidity : 75%
    Substrate : moist peat, thick layer
    Terrestrial / arboreal : terrestrial
    Aggressive : Moderate
    Food : insects
    Longevity : ?
    Notes : A large spider from the carribbean islands. Once they were imported in huge quantities from Haiti and was a common spider in captivity. They are found near villages under logs and old junk, and in burrows in the rainforest. My female dosnt burrow, she sits on top of the cork bark and occasionally goes under it for shelter. Place a waterdish in the cage. Adults are often for sale. A aggressive and ferocious eater - a nice species! Sometimes captive bred and the spiderlings grow fast.

Comment

Thanks

Thank you very much for this Adam, This is much better than any i have found so far.
      Cheers,
      Dan.

Comment

it was from a european site funnily enough so look through french, German and european sites. It was fairly descent care sheet

Comment

Right well shes here...very fast lol i need to ask a question .....
          At the current moment ( only for a short while , while i get a new tank/home )
          I have her in a cricket tub, now shes about 8cm and is very quick. i need to move her, i know but what into? the link below shows a tank/ cage that i might get but should i get this one or is it to small or to big
          or just right ( it does say good for fast movers ) please any help???

Cheers, Dan

Comment

Thinking about it is it worth putting her into one of these ???

Or is it to soon?? i only thought one of these because she is very fast and this has tall sides so a bit better than the last one?
            Dan

Comment

One of those medium faunariums is fine, I have a P. cancerides sub adult male in one at the moment. He's doing fine. This is probably my favourite species, you're going to love them! They stay out in the open a lot and are monster eaters! Also will not hesitate to bite so do use tweezers when doing cage maintenance

Comment

I would say the small faunarium ones are fine to keep in at the moment. Best about them is they have tall sides so you have more chance getting the lid on before she runs up and trys go explore outside the tank. llol

Comment

Cheers.

Thanks for all the help guys, i will now go and order one (tank)
                  Cheers, Dan

Comment

Working...
                  X