Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking T's from the RSPCA

Good day all,

I was thinking about contacting the local RSPCA and saying to them that I would take in any tarantulas that they might come accross in their line of work, but then I got thinking, what if they gave me a king baboon or something really feisty, or even what if they gave me 20 T's all in one go

so I wondered if anyone on here does this?? how many T's do you get on average?? does it become a chore??

Like I said I was only thinking about it really, but If anyone else has done this and can tell me what its like I might seriously consider it

thanks in advance

oh actualy, would the RSPCA even do that?
    My T Gallery

I wouldnt think that many Ts come through RSPCA. One of my friends takes snakes off the RSPCA and reptiles which is common but I havent come across Ts availbale. Worth a try. Or could contact all the supermarkets stock departmetn and any Ts that come along with shipments of bananas and tropical fruit im sure there will have been occasion when an Avicularia pops out a banana creat in tescos. lol

Comment

lol yeah, that sort of thing, I didn't necessarily mean misstreated T's aswell but I just thought of a news article recently were 2 chilly roses were taken into a charity shop hidden amongst some clothes, and thought "who would you ring if you found a tarantula?" and asumed it might be the RSPCA.

but your right I dont expect there are that many lost or found T's in england.

I'd love to hear from anyone who does it tho
      My T Gallery

Comment

Martain from personal experinace the RSPCA wont let you take them from them without jumping though loads and loads of hoops. I was also reliably informed that there are high up RSPCA members who are also experianced T keepers and conected with the BTS who do look after T's that have got into a mess in the kind of ways you mean. You would be surprised at just how many T's do end up in reptile and exotic rescue centres its more than you would think.

Comment

i got my first T from sspca (scotlands equivalent), i rang in morning said i was looking for chile rose (asked in english name as easier for them) for son, it was to be our first T, they said by luck they did have, luckily i had done quite of bit of research before hand so when shown T knew it was'nt G rosea but said nothing as not sure on true identity as really only researched G rosea, said yes we would be happy to rehome then thought there would be some kind of home check etc but they said no it was fine for me to take it then and there i payed £15.00 and took her straight round to pals who i knew could identify her..she was L parahybana...quite a differance from G rosea especcially as she was our first T as said...luckily we have been sensible owners and have respected what she is after having her now for two fantastic yrs, she has made our love of T's grow and grow, we know have 26 various T's, juvs and spiderlings but she will always be my favourite as much as i know learn since being more in the hobby most others hate lol....i have now been waiting some months to see if a mating she had has worked and shes upstairs at mo just rearanging her tank so hopefully a good sign....
          anyway i suppose my conclusion to this is yes rehome if you can, but be aware even though they are rspca they do not know it all, and if my so called chile rose had gone to someone who did not bother checking and they tryed to handle it they would have been in for a shock...
          Last edited by nicola faux; 18-10-06, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X