Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Water & Sponge V fortified hydration source (jelly looking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water & Sponge V fortified hydration source (jelly looking)

Hi

As a newbie I wonder what you guys would advise me to give my T (bracypelma Smithi). Is there any real difference in giving either as I note that the Jurassi Quench that I sue has the Calcium and Vit C in it so assume that that is better for the T but also more expensive!! Just wondering if I am wasting my time giving that when water with a sponge does the same job?

Many thanks for any of your views and in advance for replying!!

Originally posted by Mandy Green View Post
    Hi

As a newbie I wonder what you guys would advise me to give my T (bracypelma Smithi). Is there any real difference in giving either as I note that the Jurassi Quench that I sue has the Calcium and Vit C in it so assume that that is better for the T but also more expensive!! Just wondering if I am wasting my time giving that when water with a sponge does the same job?

Many thanks for any of your views and in advance for replying!!
    Mandy
    Yep you’re wasting your time with a product designed for reptiles. Also I would certainly not recommend adding a sponge or anything else in the water dish, which will most likely just harbour nasty bacteria.

All you need is a good clean water dish, and top this up every few days with fresh water.

Most of mine prefer sucking up the spillage around the dish from the substrate.

After all in the wild this is what they do!

Hope this helps.
    Regards
    Mark

------------------------------------------------------
    Serious Ink tattoo studio -
    Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

There is no need for any of that stuff it does the T no benefit and costs ou money which is bit wasted really. Also I would recommend not using a soaked sponge for the T to drink fro, though this seems like a good idea to preven T from drownig particularly small ones but in long run wet sponge will grow mouldy over time harbour parasties and the crickets will lay eggs and poo in the sponge which none of the above the spider will like. Best advice would be to use a shallow dis h for water or as many people do spray the web and surrounding decorations.

Comment

Thanks for the advice. That is very very useful for me to know as it not only wastes my time buying more jelly stuff but also a sponge so thank you very much for your advice. much appreciated!!!!!!

Cheers!!!!

Comment

Just a wide shallow dish of water will do them fine. I use the round watering dishes designed for plant pots. Smaller specimens get lids from coffee jars and similar.

As said before, a sponge is just a breeding ground for nasties, and should not be used.
          And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

Comment

Working...
          X