DeArGe Spider show at KWH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeArGe Spider show at KWH

Just got back from a highly enjoyable trip to the spider show at KWH over the weekend. Special thanks to; Timo for booking us accomodation, to Ingo for getting some pre-show beer in and acting as our guide and taxi. It was fantastic to see Dirk's excellent Xenesthis collection and special thanks to his wife for cooking us lunch on our visit.

Oh, and the show and lecture were first-rate too

I also enjoyed the game of "pairs" I saw on one table - managed to spot Pterinochilus murinus being sold under five different names and two different genera. That's got to be a record!!! lol.

Here are a few 'selected' pictures - there'll be other 'less tasteful' ones going about, I'm sure... lol.

The laughs began when we met at Manchester airport - only finishing after we went our separate ways on returning to the UK...

Think it'll take me at least 1 week to recover all that lost sleep though --- zzzz!!! Even after spending most of Sunday in a Zombi-like state!!!

Richard
    Attached Files

Just to reiterate what Richard has said - thanks to everyone that helped us during the trip, especially Dirk, his wife and Ingo for putting up with us!

It was a great show and more Brits should definitely make the effort to visit this event (though I might change my mind once I see the photos!).

I'm sure there will be a full write-up posted up here soon.
    Guy...
    www.giantspiders.com

Comment

Just to back up what the others have said, excelent show, excelent lecture, wild weekend, wild friends, and sleepless nights, think i managed around 18 hours from Thursday onwards.

And yes that is a bottle of water i am drinking in Richards picture!..............i was pacing myself............honest.

Need more victims sorry volunteers to come along next year HEHEHEHEHEEHEHE

Ray

Comment

Hehe Im glad to see just my arm on that last picture
        Must say it was a great show and lecture, took a while before we got our food and beers but had a lot of fun.

Comment

Working...
        X