Ventilation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ventilation

just a quick question for you about my tank for my T.Blondi I have been keeping him in a sandwich box, for ventilation I cut away a small section of the lid and covered it with fabric net/mesh, now I have heard before about tarantulas chewing through wire mesh so surely this net would be no match for her but seeing as its in the middle of the lid and she would have to be upside down on the lid chewing, you think this will be alright?? heres a couple of pictures

Inside

inside

I would post a pic of the little critter but my digital camera has no zoom so it makes it impossible to get a good quality close up
    The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Hi Simon,
    It'll depend how big your spider is. If it's just a tiddler I'm sure it'll be fine, however if it's large I don't think it'll be too long before the spider tears the mesh away with its fang and makes its escape.

Some people have even found that perforated aluminium mesh can be cut through by tarantula fangs!!

If your spider is settled in a burrow it should be fine, but if it's walking about looking to escape it'll definitely focus in on that mesh.

I prefer to drill numerous 2 mm diameter holes into plastic lids, these give plenty of ventilation without the risk of escape.

Cheers,
    Richard

Comment

she is about 6 cm at the moment
      The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

Working...
      X