What happened to BTS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to BTS?

For a while now I have been unable to access the site, and I was worried it had got hacked or something similar.
    I aired my concerns on a new forum(arachnophiles) and was told it has changed address. Well, thats a relief but why the change and how come I never got an email notification?
    I'd miss this site-I'd never be able to get my BTS Tshirt if it had gone belly up

Anyway, glad youre all back online, and i see a new section,Ts in the wild, must go see!

Cheers
    Larry
    My Collection: - Spiders are everywhere, so live with it
    Ray Gabriel

Hi Larry

The BTS forum was moved as it was receiving a lot of spam registrations. The forum was only down a few hours and all the links from the main site were updated to point to the new improved forum.

The main concern for me was the transfer of the database, this lead to some real concerns that I would lose all the posts and even worse everyone’s registrations, profiles and avatars. Some butt clenching moments there I can tell you!

The good news is this was 99.9% successful. I choose not to send out a blanket email from the old forum as I thought it might alert spammers who successfully got past me. So sorry about that! I did post on a few forums regarding the changes.

The good news is that spammers have dropped off by 99.9% this has freed me up to work on other projects, and changes are already slowly taking place.

New sections on the forum, the new - news feed on the main page, and soon a total removal of the current frames version of the BTS site. The other good news is I have had some really great help on this new forum from Scott Scher of arachnoboards his advice and help on this forums admin control panel has been invaluable.

So Larry please enjoy the new forum I hope you agree it’s a lot better. I am truly sorry you have not been able to access it for a while and the changes have made up for this short outage.

Very best regards
    Mark Pennell
    BTS IT Dept

Originally posted by Larry View Post
    For a while now I have been unable to access the site, and I was worried it had got hacked or something similar.
    I aired my concerns on a new forum(arachnophiles) and was told it has changed address. Well, thats a relief but why the change and how come I never got an email notification?
    I'd miss this site-I'd never be able to get my BTS Tshirt if it had gone belly up

Anyway, glad youre all back online, and i see a new section,Ts in the wild, must go see!

Cheers
    Larry

------------------------------------------------------
    Serious Ink tattoo studio -
    Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Good to be back Mark, glad everything went smoothly!
      My Collection: - Spiders are everywhere, so live with it
      Ray Gabriel

Comment

Working...
      X