keeping humidity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keeping humidity

my A.Avic tank just doesnt hold humidity and I dont understand why I spray it and its ok for a few hours then its cleared up again I dont understand what im doing wrong I drilled 9 holes in the perspex lid and now I have covered up half of them and its still no better any suggestions?
    The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

It depends on the atmos' of the room that they are kept in, this time of year its getting colder outside and we humans crank up the central heating so the heat increases and the humidity drops. I have observed this over the years of keeping tarantulas that through spring and summer I dont have to worry about humidity as it is at moderate and healthy level where as in the winter with the heating getting warmer indoors the moisture level drops. Try moving the spiders into a room that isnt as high heating or turn the heating on the rad a couple guages. There are additional ways to boost up humidity in rooms for multiple tanks.
    (1) Get an empty pet pal and fill up with hot water, the steam and condensation from the hot water rises and disperses in the room raising the % up.
    (2) Hang washed laundry on the warm rads, I have noticed that as these are drying off the % level increases.

Comment

thanks Adam my bedroom is always much colder than the lounge so I could try moving her up there
      The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

place a bowl of water next to the radiator, stops the room drying out with central heating

Comment

Working...
        X