Clear All

• ebay selling setups with slings

there are some setups on ebay that come with slings the links are;

this is against ebay rules isnt it?
    Reptile Rescue Hull Volunteer,
    Invert Rescue Hull manager,

A.avicularia, G.rosea, B.smithi, B.albopilosa
    P.murinus, H.lividum, L.parahybana, C.cyaneopubescens

I have bought off of him before he posts on here sometimes, it is technically against the rules if you check out that link it started quite a debate, he is a really nice bloke and sent me a little booklet with information about keeping them, I have also emailed him asking him questions and he has replied straight away and couldnt be more helpful

Last edited by Simon Batten; 14-11-06, 09:54 PM.
    The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

Technically it is against the rules but I see people on ebay break the rules for much more worse things. I dont disagree with this but dont agree as each person is there own, however if I was to but a sling from someone on ebay id want to see the whole set what I get and not just a pic of the sling, I mean a cricket tub can be used for a slings first year and they cost near nothing.

Comment

I am the seller so if you have a problem with it Come See Me Personally !!!

I dont sell Cricket Tubs , I have had several debates with other people on the subject of selling on ebay .I even listed as stated by ebay as live food and that got me in a whole pile of trouble with Tarantula keepers . I do keep in contact with a lot of the buyers and several come back for more , I do send out with a heat pack ,Caresheets all Tarantula spider/lings are packed safe and secure , It is aginst ebay rules but so are 99% of the others , Mantis , stick insect and so on , Its a hobby and a side line for a few extra quid , What is wrong with all you busy bodies with ebay policies for gods sake have you got shares in ebay ???
        Any Problem Contact me , Thank you
        Nigel M {AKA The Eightleggedfreak}
        www.eightleggedfreak.co.uk

Comment

ive no probs i was just trying to say to the other guy that its no big deal on what a person does on ebay, I no probs with it its no different to advertising slings on other forums. If it works and can make a few quid and reduce the surplus of slings thats what many people who do. I was just curious on the custom small viv as there was no picture of it, just the sling.

Comment

i sorry that ive offended you, i apologise greatly. im new to this so i was unsure what was allowed and what was not-allowed.

sorry again

lee smith
            Reptile Rescue Hull Volunteer,
            Invert Rescue Hull manager,

A.avicularia, G.rosea, B.smithi, B.albopilosa
            P.murinus, H.lividum, L.parahybana, C.cyaneopubescens

Comment

Hey Nige, how you doin?
              My Collection: - Spiders are everywhere, so live with it
              Ray Gabriel

Comment

I understand , No harm done , Just trying to keep it clear with everyone here ...

All my spiders go out well secured with a heat pad if necessary ,The container is a Very small Pet Pal Container {not a cricket tub}with , coir ,vermiculite , orchid bark chips, cork bark hide or larger if arboreal,some silk foliage and Posted RMSD.
                It has been mentioned before on a similar thread that these containers are too big for spiderlings ,Well I have 20 odd of my own spiderlings in these setups and they are perfectly well ,so I DO NOT agree with that ..

This whole problem came about when I bought my first T from ebay, from J Clegg.
                I started selling my kit and he was selling his kit , Obviously I considered mine to be much better value all round and we both ended up in a mini war zone on ebay..

I saw a small market and a bit of profit and realised that I could sell a better setup than he was supplying which was just a cricket tub with some coir and dry moss.
                I also sell bigger slings than he was supplying .
                My second cricket tub kit which I also bought from him for £15 was a mexican redknee , the sling was barely half a cm and got eaten by cricket .
                Obviously I learned a valuable lesson very quickly regarding to feeding sizes .

I am not doing any harm to anyone ,merely not labelling my sale 100% correctly .If i put that it comes with a spiderling , it gets removed , However , By putting sling it does not although some people dont associate sling with spider and dont realise that it comes with one ..
                If anyone here has a real issue with this , Please feel free to contact me personally .I have nothing to hide !!

Hopefully a few of the members here will understand , I dont expect you all to.
                Regards Nigel
                ebay username
                theeightleggedfreak
                web
                Last edited by Nigel M; 23-06-07, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
                  Hey Nige, how you doin?
                  Hey Larry ,Hows it going ...
                  Nice Rosea , Where You Get it ???
                  Only Kidding ,
                  Ebay stuff again.Causing me greif!!!.

Comment

Doing good mate. I see you managed to get some White Knees at last!
                    Ray Gabriel

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel M View Post

It has been mentioned before on a similar thread that these containers are too big for spiderlings ,Well I have 20 odd of my own spiderlings in these setups and they are perfectly well ,so I DO NOT agree with that ..
                      The whole thing about "you can't keep baby xyz in a tub that big" really annoys me too Nigel (hehehe feels funny calling you that ), there is the same IMO misguided line of thinking in the fishkeeping world, what is any sized tank/container compared to the big wide natural habitat.
                      Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Gunter View Post
                        The whole thing about "you can't keep baby xyz in a tub that big" really annoys me too Nigel (hehehe feels funny calling you that ), there is the same IMO misguided line of thinking in the fishkeeping world, what is any sized tank/container compared to the big wide natural habitat.
                        I couldnt agree with you more Dave, I realise that as a pretty much newcomer to the Invert Scene in general ,there are far more knowledgeable people than myself out there , But like you say about the natural habitat , its a big world and there are no defined boundaries for spiders etc large or small....They will decide how much of the setup they wish to explore and whenever they decide to do it is fine by me ...Like I said previously on this thread , I have twenty odd containers with slings of my own in and I admit they look a bit lost in the beggining , however they soon molt & grow and all of mine are doing very well indeed..I am really pleased with thier progress .
                        In fact a retail outlet about 12 miles from me { my closest source of anything has similar sized Tarantulas for sale at between £30-£70 and my slings all cost me £4-£8 each so it speaks for itself , I should actulally consider selling some to him myself....
                        Now theres a thought ..

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
                          Doing good mate. I see you managed to get some White Knees at last!
                          Yes I got some white knees ??
                          For some strange reason I cant quite Remember , better contact me personally.
                          Nige

Comment

not meaning to bitch about JM Clegg but he sent me a praying mantis and a sling the mantis was fine the sling was dead.
                            So I mailed him and he got back to me straight away saying he would send me another, I waited a couple of weeks then he posted a thread on here saying he has been busy with work and he would send it the next day, fair enough I didnt mind I was just glad he had told me, that was about 2 months ago it never arrived and he isnt answering my emails so understandably im a bit put out, its not just me either, a few people have left him negative feedback saying how they never recieved it and he is ignoring there emails as well, now I dont really want to have to leave negative feed back because when ever I have spoke to him he seems like a real nice bloke, but I dont know what else to do.
                            The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

Originally posted by Nigel M View Post
                              Yes I got some white knees ??
                              For some strange reason I cant quite Remember , better contact me personally.
                              Nige
                              I sent you email
                              Ray Gabriel

Comment

Working...
                              X