Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B. Klassi humidity question.

Hello everyone,

Can I have some pointers on the correct humidity level for B. Klaasi.
    I have had a look around but cant find anything concrete. I'm newish to Brachypelma's really as I used to keep mainly asian burrowers.

Cheers

Mark
    Last edited by Mark Daffin; 18-11-06, 07:59 PM. Reason: spelling

I keep mine fairly dry, just the occasional soaking of the substrate around the waterdish due to clumsy watering.
    And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

Comment

yeah that sounds right, most Brachypelmas like it slightly dry with the spraying now and then, they're the easiest to keep regarding the atmospheric environment goes.

Comment

Thanks for the advice
        I had read that they like 75 - 80% humidity which I found strange as I thought they were a desert species?
        I have two new juveniles 6cm+ legspan in small pet pals. Do you think I need to cover the ventilation at all or will they be fine as they are?
        Thanks again! Really fallen in love with the two Klaasi's, very beautiful and quite docile.

Cheers

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.D View Post
          Thanks for the advice
          I had read that they like 75 - 80% humidity which I found strange as I thought they were a desert species?
          Mark
          Brachypelma klaasi: Scmidt / Krause 1994
          Common name: Acapulco Lesser Orange
          Distribution: North of Acapulco above the costal road.

This is not desert but there is a lot of tropical scrub land.
          Acapulco weather is sunny, hot and humid.
          Dry Season (November - April): 86-90 F (30-32 C), moderate humidity (10 F cooler at night)
          Rainy Season (May - October): 88-93 F (31-34 C), high humidity, rain 0 to 3 times per week

I keep all my Brachys the same, they are on potting soil with a plant pot or cork bark retreat. The have a large open water dish, which is always topped up. I only damp the soil fully when bringing on an eggsac, other than this its pretty dry but not bone dry!..

Hope this helps

Mark

------------------------------------------------------
          Serious Ink tattoo studio -
          Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
          My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Working...
          X