Lectures 2007, something different to talk about

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lectures 2007, something different to talk about

I thought this would be an interesting post to talk about the BTS lectures in February, who's going and what do they think it will be like, who has been previous years and what can we expect from the show on past experience and what can the other half who doesnt like Ts and spider related topics expect from the spa?
    I personally am looking forward for a short weekend away from lectures and seminars somewhat ironic I am attending a lecture weekend to escape lectures but I am certainly looking forward to it.
    Last edited by Mark Pennell; 20-11-06, 02:36 PM.

Hi Adam,

I will be there and Angela ( I suppose I should...Im lecturing but dont let that put you off..LOL) Its a great weekend and a real pleasure to meet old and new friends. Mark and Kim really pull out all the stops. ( Well actually Mark pulls mostly pints.)
    To me the highlight is the meet and greet session and the fantastic lectures that we hear. We have visitors from the US and Europe and every one gets on famously.

See you all there.

ray
    British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
    The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
    On
    [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

Hi Adam
      What an excellent thread to start off!
      We have lots coming in 2007 a large percentage this will be there first time at a BTS Lectures & Dinner, so this thread will give them some idea what to expect.

We pride ourselves on putting together a truly social event, a chance as Ray says to meet old and create new friends.

The 5th Annual lectures looks like being the biggest event yet, we are looking forward to some cracking talks and conversations into the wee small hours. The support for this event grows every year and this is really appreciated by both myself and Kim and the BTS…..

Regards
      Mark
      Last edited by Kim Pennell; 28-11-06, 10:17 AM.

------------------------------------------------------
      Serious Ink tattoo studio -
      Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
      My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Hey All,

We are extremely excited about returning for the lectures. Last year was our first ever year going (first ever Americans too if I remember right).

When it was time to leave, it felt like we were leaving part of our family behind (not the kind you can't wait to get away from either). We were truly sad to go and sad that it was so short of a visit. In matter of fact, we were so sad that we decided to add a few days to our trip this time, plus we are bringing a few more Americans too.

If all goes well, we should be buying our plane tickets tonight. Definitely looking forward to seeing everyone again and meeting even more extended family.

Regards,
        Debby
        www.arachnocon.info
        www.arachnoboards.com

Comment

Its always great to see other T enthusiasts or people in general from the other side of the pond and look forward to meeting familiar and new people at the same time. Id love to go to the Arachnocon exhibition in Texas 2007 but with being uni student funds have somewhat become much less than when i worked. Will be a great lecture I can see and bring on the beers!!

Comment

Originally posted by Debby Scher View Post
            Hey All,

We are extremely excited about returning for the lectures. Last year was our first ever year going (first ever Americans too if I remember right).

When it was time to leave, it felt like we were leaving part of our family behind (not the kind you can't wait to get away from either). We were truly sad to go and sad that it was so short of a visit. In matter of fact, we were so sad that we decided to add a few days to our trip this time, plus we are bringing a few more Americans too.

If all goes well, we should be buying our plane tickets tonight. Definitely looking forward to seeing everyone again and meeting even more extended family.

Regards,
            Hi Debby
            Myself and Kim are looking forward to seeing you again, and welcoming the others travelling over with you: Eric, Sky and Tom.

Regards
            Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Pennell View Post
              Hi Debby
              Myself and Kim are looking forward to seeing you again, and welcoming the others travelling over with you: Eric, Sky and Tom.

Regards
              Mark
              Hey Mark,

Well we bought our plane tickets last night (and so did Tom), so there's no turning back now. Looks like you will be stuck with us. LOL!

Looking forward to it.

Regards,

Debby
              Debby
              www.arachnocon.info
              www.arachnoboards.com

Comment

Originally posted by Debby Scher View Post
                Hey Mark,

Well we bought our plane tickets last night (and so did Tom), so there's no turning back now. Looks like you will be stuck with us. LOL!

Looking forward to it.

Regards,

Debby
                Great news Debby! see you all soon!

Comment

Working...
                X