looking for avicularia metallica in UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for avicularia metallica in UK

Hi, I want to get my boyfriend another tarantula for Xmas (he already has a B. albopilosum). I want to get an arboreal, and I heard that a. metallica was quite docile and quite large. Does anyone know where I can buy one in the UK? I can only find a.avicularia.

Thanks
    1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
    1.0.0 Western Hognose
    0.0.1 Euathlus Sp. Blue (I hope!)

I have had a look through the sites I normally buy from and cant find one im afraid sorry, I dont know how uncommen they are to be honest
    The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

I would be be willing to get a.avicularia, but I heard they are more skittish that a.metallica. Which do you think would be best as a first arboreal?
      1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
      1.0.0 Western Hognose

Comment

Originally posted by Beatrice Smith View Post
        I would be be willing to get a.avicularia, but I heard they are more skittish that a.metallica. Which do you think would be best as a first arboreal?
        An A.avicularia was the first aboreal I got, I have handled her and she tends to be quite calm as long as your calm with her but I noticed with fast movements she can be skittish.

But I would say generally a good aboreal, some can be very fast and you wouldnt be able to handle them at all.

Also they are for sale every where, but I expect someone would be able to find you an A.Mettalica.
        The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

He doesn't really want to handle it, he just really likes watching spiders... If I can't get an a.metallica I will get an avic instead.
          1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
          1.0.0 Western Hognose

Comment

I wouldnt worry about it being skittish then, I hardly ever handle my A.Avic shes just happy to cling to the glass or bark all day. A.Mettalicas are the same skittish when startled

Comment

Avicularia avicularia are ideal for a first arboreal, metallicas are easy to get but just a matter of timing. avic should be fine

Comment

Working...
              X