Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANOTHER feeding question...

Oh no, you groan, not again?!

Well, it's a very simple one: is it ok to feed black crickets (Gryllus bimaculatus, I think) to my adult and juve Ts?

The reason I ask is that I seem to remember someone once telling me that they had quite a bite...

The upshot is, it was all my local pet shop had and I have, in fact, fed them to the three Ts in question who wolfed them down (in fact my L parahybana had three!). However, the juve A. bicoloratum seemed to have a bit of trouble and looked a bit discomforted at first, but then settled...

Have I made another error?
    Lasiodora parahybana

I think that the black crickets are harder than the brown so some Ts might find it easier to eat browns especially if they have been used to eating browns I dont know for sure but thats what the bloke at the pet shop told me, either way its not an error on your part if he ate it in the end it wont hurt it or anything
    The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

I figured as much...

Still feeling like an anxious parent!
      Lasiodora parahybana

Comment

the black crickets do tend to be carnivorious than the brown ones in (my experience). when i put aload of them in the tank with my toad they went round and ate all the locusts that were in the tank.

i would recommend keeping a eye on them if they are in with juveniles incase they decide to eat your little T
        Reptile Rescue Hull Volunteer,
        Invert Rescue Hull manager,

A.avicularia, G.rosea, B.smithi, B.albopilosa
        P.murinus, H.lividum, L.parahybana, C.cyaneopubescens

Comment

Originally posted by lee smith View Post
          the black crickets do tend to be carnivorious than the brown ones in (my experience). when i put aload of them in the tank with my toad they went round and ate all the locusts that were in the tank.

i would recommend keeping a eye on them if they are in with juveniles incase they decide to eat your little T
          Aaaarggghhh!
          Lasiodora parahybana

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew climance View Post
            Aaaarggghhh!
            now a more worried father??? I always feed my slings black pin heads but only 1 at a time do you recon this might be a problem Lee??
            The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

i think that the black pin heads should be ok one at a time, they cant gangup on your sling that way.

i try to make sure that my crickets are really well fed to reduce the chance of them bothering my sling.

ive been feeding my crickets fish flake and that calcium rich gel stuff, to make sure that they are full of nutrients and well fed.
              Reptile Rescue Hull Volunteer,
              Invert Rescue Hull manager,

A.avicularia, G.rosea, B.smithi, B.albopilosa
              P.murinus, H.lividum, L.parahybana, C.cyaneopubescens

Comment

Originally posted by lee smith View Post
                i think that the black pin heads should be ok one at a time, they cant gangup on your sling that way.

i try to make sure that my crickets are really well fed to reduce the chance of them bothering my sling.

ive been feeding my crickets fish flake and that calcium rich gel stuff, to make sure that they are full of nutrients and well fed.
                thats a good idea I just feed mine apple and all bran

Comment

Ha... a little, though I didn't leave any running around their tanks: what went in got eaten!

By the way, when I said 'juves', these are about 7/8cm legspan.

BTW, I just ordered a Megaphobema robustum... I better put the credit card away now, I think!
                  Lasiodora parahybana

Comment

BTW, I just ordered a Megaphobema robustum... I better put the credit card away now, I think!
                    lol I know what you mean, im my case its damn paypal though, it makes it too easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Batten View Post
                      lol I know what you mean, im my case its damn paypal though, it makes it too easy.
                      I know, four weeks ago I didn't have a single spider. Now I have six with another six on the way! 'Er indoors is gonna kill me!
                      Lasiodora parahybana

Comment

I know, four weeks ago I didn't have a single spider. Now I have six with another six on the way! 'Er indoors is gonna kill me!
                        3 spiders ago I promised my parents I wouldnt have any more or id have to get my own place but they just keep coming I dont know how honest....

Comment

LOL... In the days before I had kids, I used to have a spare room dedicated to spiders etc... sigh...
                          Lasiodora parahybana

Comment

LOL... In the days before I had kids, I used to have a spare room dedicated to spiders etc... sigh...
                            glad my dads not a tarantula fanatic or I recon id of been out on my ear so my room could be a spider room lol

Comment

Now THERE'S an idea!
                              Lasiodora parahybana

Comment

Working...
                              X