antisocial spider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• antisocial spider

Having cared for a curly haried tarantula which is really sociable, I decided to get a lasiodora Klugi (Bahaia birdeater) and a S.Crassipes (Australian Whistling tarantula) both spiderlings. The L Klugi happily spends it's life in the burrow and has almost closed the entrance with soil. Occasionally if I'm lucky and wake early enough I see it at the water dish, but the rest of the time it spends its life in private thank you very much.
    Will these species gain in confidence as they get older and bigger do you think? I hope so!

Daniel

if you are wanting to see your spiders more get a red light bulb for the room that they are in and they will come out (spiders cant see red light)

i hope this helps

lee
    Reptile Rescue Hull Volunteer,
    Invert Rescue Hull manager,

A.avicularia, G.rosea, B.smithi, B.albopilosa
    P.murinus, H.lividum, L.parahybana, C.cyaneopubescens

Comment

You sure they can't see red light Lee?

@ Daniel - The P. crassipes will be out and about when it's older I'm sure. Steve Nunn reckons they come out a lot when they're fully grown too (and he should know )

Here's a pic of my juvenile P. crassipes emerging from one of its many burrow entrances to give you an idea

My Collection:

Comment

yep im sure it was on some spider program that i saw last week on tv. nice pic lovely spider.
        Reptile Rescue Hull Volunteer,
        Invert Rescue Hull manager,

A.avicularia, G.rosea, B.smithi, B.albopilosa
        P.murinus, H.lividum, L.parahybana, C.cyaneopubescens

Comment

Im pretty sure i read somewhere that ts cant see red and blue lights but things may have changed with new species. As for you L Klugi sure you will see it in time moves but as the saying goes a happy tarantula is an unseen tarantula, ironic but true

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the advice! I'll invest in a red bulb at some point.

I guess seeing it from their point of view I'm a potential predator, not a doting owner!

Comment

get a good flash light and view them late at night.i go thru tons of batteries lol

Comment

Working...
              X