Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arboreal housing

Hi,

I need to move some of my arboreals into bigger containers and was wondering if anyone knows where I can buy big plastic 'sweet' type jars online (no shops arround me seem to have any), or any alternatives that you keep yours in?

Thanks,

Anthony.

ceral and pasta containers work just as well as sweet jars woolies wilkinsons etc normally have them in for a reasonable price.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply Sarah, they would work great but I can only find opaque or coloured ones. I know its sad but I like to keep my bugs in nice clear containers, have you managed to find clear ones?

Comment

I cant believe that your local shops dont have large plastic sweet jars. Do you have any markets in your area there are bound to be sweet stalls there where you can pick up a few plastic jars even at a couple of bob for them. Or try online surely ebay will have a load of plastic sweet jars.

Comment

There are clear ones out there they tend to be round and have cork lids or lids that are tricky to get on and off and also tend to be more expensive. I understand the wanting to keep them in clear tubs but I find my arboreal's do better if they are in opaque tubs as they don't feel as threatened etc so seem to feel safer coming out and living more as they would in the wild. It might just be coincidence but the ones I have in clear tubs don't seem to web as well or as much either.
          Last edited by sarah Smith; 08-12-06, 04:11 PM.

Comment

I get a few spider containers from the Aquarium dept of my local Garden Center, the "sweet Jars" are also "fish food jars"

Ray

Comment

For anyone with a pond, Nishikoi food comes in nice arboreal/burrower sized sweet type jars

My Collection:

Comment

I had no idea could buy fish food jars in jars of that size. But then I guess it makes sense if someone has a large outdoor pond. Im eager myself to get a few sheets of perspex and custom make some aquaria specifically for arboreals.

Comment

Working...
                X