a quick question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a quick question

I mated my Avicularia avicularia on the 19th november and she has now produced an eggsac on the 9th December is this normal for avics to produce so quickly 20 days does not seem that long, i know the mating went well and the female was eating as fast as i could feed her and i was wondering how long before they hatch?
    Thanks for the help Andy

Originally posted by Andy.m View Post
    I mated my Avicularia avicularia on the 19th november and she has now produced an eggsac on the 9th December is this normal for avics to produce so quickly 20 days does not seem that long, i know the mating went well and the female was eating as fast as i could feed her and i was wondering how long before they hatch?
    Thanks for the help Andy
    Andy
    I have bred Avics many times and the fastest sac and young came from a
    A, purpurea
    she dropped the sac in 21 days and the young were out 15 days later. So yeap pretty normal.

I am pretty sure if you mate any species around their right time of the year for them in the wild you will get a pretty fast result. In captivity we often mate all year round, usually the female has only just moulted, a stressful and energy consuming time of there life.

Hence it takes them a long time to produces a sac. If you female is already full of eggs then it will be quicker. All my Brachypelma seem to be fat and plump with eggs this time of the year - October onwards. I like to mate them around now if possible and you get a nice egg ball around late Jan and Feb.

Cheers
    Mark

Cheers
    Mark
    Last edited by Mark Pennell; 10-12-06, 10:51 AM.

------------------------------------------------------
    Serious Ink tattoo studio -
    Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Im finding it hard to breed my pairs, ive tried various methods suggested but not much luck. After a week of trying my pair of T pruriens she ate him on friday night which wasnt there to see and have no idea if the mating was successful or not. Ill know whether she drops a sac or not but for a week i kept him with her and couple times every day they were in courting(legs twtiching and vibtrating responding to each other>)

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Smith (pe@nut) View Post
        Im finding it hard to breed my pairs, ive tried various methods suggested but not much luck. After a week of trying my pair of T pruriens she ate him on friday night which wasnt there to see and have no idea if the mating was successful or not. Ill know whether she drops a sac or not but for a week i kept him with her and couple times every day they were in courting(legs twtiching and vibtrating responding to each other>)
        Hi Adum
        I found the same thing i have had several females pregnant/mated and never had any results and i even had a H.gigas eat the sac she made the day after she spent hours making it, but now i have a p.fasciata and an a.avic both with sacs, as yet i have never had a successdful sac and babies so i am doing everything right to keep these eggs as quiet and undesturbed as possible and keeping everything crossed.
        Andy

Comment

Theres a lot more to breeding than what you read, any book info or article is succefful breeding but no info when things arent going to plan or problems that could poss arise.

Comment

Working...
          X