Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Behaviour?

Hey Everyone,

My large, assumed female T. Apophysis has been rather active the past few days. I have had her a couple of months now and she usually sits out in the open just waiting for lunch.
    Over the past few days she has been very active, climbing the tanks sides and digging randomly around her tank.
    Any ideas why this may be? It worries me that she may hurt herself or something when I hear her scratching the sides of the tank etc.
    I have her in a Jumbo pet Pal, half full of eco earth. she has a water bowl and half a hollow log hide.
    There have been no changes in temp or humidity. Her bald spot on her abdomen is not dark so I dont think a shed is on the books. She is also feeding fine.

Cheers

Mark

Originally posted by Mark.D View Post
    Hey Everyone,

My large, assumed female T. Apophysis has been rather active the past few days. I have had her a couple of months now and she usually sits out in the open just waiting for lunch.
    Over the past few days she has been very active, climbing the tanks sides and digging randomly around her tank.
    Any ideas why this may be? It worries me that she may hurt herself or something when I hear her scratching the sides of the tank etc.
    I have her in a Jumbo pet Pal, half full of eco earth. she has a water bowl and half a hollow log hide.
    There have been no changes in temp or humidity. Her bald spot on her abdomen is not dark so I dont think a shed is on the books. She is also feeding fine.

Cheers

Mark
    If she is wild caught you might be lucky, sounds like she is looking to drop an egg sac. This kind of agitated behaviour often preludes egg sac laying, you never know!

Best of luck

Cheers
    Mark

------------------------------------------------------
    Serious Ink tattoo studio -
    Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Pennell View Post
      If she is wild caught you might be lucky, sounds like she is looking to drop an egg sac. This kind of agitated behaviour often preludes egg sac laying, you never know!

Best of luck

Cheers
      Mark
      That would be very exciting, she doesnt look overly plump though.
      If she does drop an egg sac, whats my best plan of action?
      I have never bred before and would want to give the eggs the best care I could.

Cheers

Mark

Comment

Working...
      X