Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens questions??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens questions??

hi

i was wonering if anyone could give me some info about this species??

Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens
    (greenbottle blue)

how are they to keep? whats their preferences in substate?

anyone has hands on experience with these i would love to hear your experiences with keeping these.

thanks

lee
    Reptile Rescue Hull Volunteer,
    Invert Rescue Hull manager,

A.avicularia, G.rosea, B.smithi, B.albopilosa
    P.murinus, H.lividum, L.parahybana, C.cyaneopubescens

Lots of info in this thread here.

Comment

thanks for the great link, i never realised that these were rare. we have just ordered ours from this place http://www.tarantula-shop.com/shop/s...9396fa6250b15c , just in case anyone else has been looking for one, they have them as slings.

thanks

lee
      Reptile Rescue Hull Volunteer,
      Invert Rescue Hull manager,

A.avicularia, G.rosea, B.smithi, B.albopilosa
      P.murinus, H.lividum, L.parahybana, C.cyaneopubescens

Comment

I am looking to order some of these after crimbo. with possible a Xenesthis as well( any owners of these on here??)

the greenbottles look great.

Comment

Hi Barry, I have a few that I have bred myself.

They prefer a bone dry substrate as adults, my female is on vermiculite with a water bowl that is topped up maybe once a week.
          The slings I have are given a few drops of water as and when needed.
          They are fairly easy to keep I have had both of mine(the male is on breeding loan) from tiny slings.
          spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

Mine were both profuse webbers, tended to live semi arboreally in my tanks. They had a plantpot hide, but extended it upwards with tubes of web and dirt and allsorts.

Great feeders, prefered it on the drier side, but still had a waterdish.
            And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

Comment

Originally posted by lee smith View Post
              thanks for the great link, i never realised that these were rare. we have just ordered ours from this place http://www.tarantula-shop.com/shop/s...9396fa6250b15c , just in case anyone else has been looking for one, they have them as slings.

thanks

lee
              You're welcome.
              I wouldn't call them rare, well they aren't around here anyway.

Comment

cool thanxs, so is 40£ average for a xenesthis sling? the greenbottles are not bad price so gonna pick up a couple of them. Looking to get more Avic's too, kinda like them , so gonna see how many diff ones i can find( not gonna be that easy)

Comment

Rick West's article on Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens in ARACHNOCULTURE 1(1) is the best information available on this species. It includes data on its natural habitat in the xeric climate of Northern Venezuela's Paraguana Peninsula.

Best regards, Michael

PS: Note to Barry - species names begin with a lower case letter.
                  MICHAEL JACOBI - exoticfauna@gmail.com
                  -> Exotic Fauna, The Tarantula Bibliography, ARACHNOCULTURE E-Zine - exoticfauna.com
                  -> The British Tarantula Society - thebts.co.uk
                  | michael.jacobi@thebts.co.uk
                  -> TARANTULAS.com - tarantulas.com

Comment

Originally posted by BarryL View Post
                    cool thanxs, so is 40£ average for a xenesthis sling? the greenbottles are not bad price so gonna pick up a couple of them. Looking to get more Avic's too, kinda like them , so gonna see how many diff ones i can find( not gonna be that easy)

***Sorry, don't mean to hi-jack thread***

Barry,
                    £40 a sling???? I've been looking for a while for several sp including Xenesthis and haven't really seen them. Are you able to pm me where you saw these for sale please. (If I find cheaper I'll PM you.) I am aware that this sp is expensive, think it's because exporting from Columbia wasn't allowed, don't know if still the case, so breeding stock is low. If anyone knows otherwise then please correct me (as mch as I hate being proven wrong!!lol)

***Now back to topic***
                    I've got a lovely 2.5 cm sling C cyaneopubescens at the moment. S/he set me back £9.99 from a large UK supplier...And yes, keeping it slightly sprayed whilst so small, but on vermiculite anyway. And s/he is webbing the pot well and the film case home! Such a lovely Sp, and so pretty from hatching to adulthood.
                    Leve fit quod bene fertur onus.

Comment

sorry my bad is was a juvi, for some reason i been looking at slings and found it and just assumed it was sling also.

PM sent..

Comment

Thanks Michael for heads up.

Comment

Working...
                        X