Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• theraphosa apophysis

hi all

i was just wondering if ayone in the UK has been breeding any of these?? as i would really like to have one.

at the moment im just waiting and hopeing that mary's T.blondi's lay so that i can have a blondi as a sling.
    Reptile Rescue Hull Volunteer,
    Invert Rescue Hull manager,

A.avicularia, G.rosea, B.smithi, B.albopilosa
    P.murinus, H.lividum, L.parahybana, C.cyaneopubescens

Lee, the first one mated still hasn't laid, she's teasing us I think, she just sits ther getting fatter lol. The second one mated is also getting steadily fatter.....
    I want another apophysis too, my male is nearly ready for the cobweb in the sky.
    spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

its a shame there isnt a few more in the hobby, then experienced people like yourself could keep a steady captive population going.
      Last edited by lee smith; 08-01-07, 11:00 AM.

Comment

how many T.apophysis do you have mary?? maybe someone on this thread that you posted on at the t store has a male/female that you could loan for breeding. http://www.the-t-store.co.uk/forum/i...showtopic=8585

ive also suggested to the person on this thread that he could submit his article when finished to the top brass here to see if if may be published in one of the upcoming journels.

Comment

www.tarantulabarn.com has one on its stock list, but out of stock at the moment. Hopefully that means they are trying to breed more...
          1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
          1.0.0 Western Hognose
          0.0.1 Euathlus Sp. Blue (I hope!)

Comment

I've got 20 2nd instar T. apophysis slings, which is my half of a 50/50 (quite a few of the eggs went bad). I can't believe how big they are. A few of them are pushing 2" legspan! I'm keeping hold of them for the moment, but I'm hoping to get a table at the Kettering show this year....

Assuming I'm clever enough to post a pic, heres one of 'Dad'
            Attached Files

Comment

thats a shame that you are keepig hold of them till the kettering show, as i cant afford the long trip down there as well as the cost of any T's.

Comment

Thats a shame Stuart, but I do understand as I am keeping oodles of slings for my table at BTS. I am hoping a mating with my male will give a few for us, I bought my Fernando from Ray Gabriel at BTS 2004 as alittle sling.

Please let me know how much you will be asking at Kettering as I will hopefully be going with a bunch of pals.
                spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

Working...
                X