Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biology of Spiders Biology of Spiders by Rainer F. Foelix Bio

Hi,

My aplogies if this is not the right forum to ask this question.
    but has anyone read the book below ?
    If so: Is it any good ?

Biology of Spiders by Rainer F. Foelix

Yes, I've read it, and yes it's very good.

Bear in mind that it's a text mainly on true spiders with a few references to mygalomorphs and how their morphology and anatomy differs scattered throughout the book.

My Collection:

Comment

thanks very much for your reply.
      I am interested in spiders in general (also true spiders) so i think i will buy it.

Comment

No problems

If you're in to spiders, I doubt very much you'll regret the purchase

My Collection:

Comment

Sounds like my kind of book! Another good read is Michael J Roberts' Collins Guide to Spiders. I know its an ID guide and it only has british spiders but it has some interesting stuff on spider biology.
          My Collection: - Spiders are everywhere, so live with it
          Ray Gabriel

Comment

It's certainly a good book Larry, if not exactly light bedtime reading (unless you're a saddo like me that is ).

I'm a compulsive book buyer, so I tend to gather large numbers of books on subjects which interest me, much to the annoyance of the rest of my family

My Collection:

Comment

thank you. I already have Collins Guide to Spiders. I think it a great book. (i am also a compulsive book buyer, does amazon have a gold member scheme )

Comment

Delayed book

Hi, could anyone please tell me when A. Smith's Poecilotheria book is coming out. I was told just before Christmas but I've heard nothing.
                sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

It proably will be a while as it is a huge book. He may have it released in time for the lectures or exhibtion. I never heard of it being out before xmas tho.

Comment

book

Thanks Adam, I'll put my purse back into mothballs then.
                    sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Originally posted by nicoladolby View Post
                      I was told just before Christmas but I've heard nothing.
                      But the year wasn't specified

As far as I know he's progressing well, but these things always take longer than initially thought. One this is for sure - it'll be well worth the wait

I'd rather it be delayed an extra year, than rushed out in a half-baked manner
                      Cheers,
                      Richard

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Rea View Post
                        It's certainly a good book Larry, if not exactly light bedtime reading (unless you're a saddo like me that is ).

I'm a compulsive book buyer, so I tend to gather large numbers of books on subjects which interest me, much to the annoyance of the rest of my family
                        Oh I read some strange books in bed! I have a book on old primitive microscopes, and am reading a book on trees which, at the moment, is dealing with tree and animal genetics! Trees and mules with Diploid, Haploid and Euryploid DNA!
                        My Collection: - Spiders are everywhere, so live with it
                        Ray Gabriel

Comment

Working...
                        X