Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heterothele villosella

hi

ive just got some of these from richard gallon and was wondring if anyone else keeps this species.

also im looking fo advise on how to keep them as i can find any care guides for this sp. anywhere.

do i keep it the same sortof way as i keep my P.murinus??.

thanks

lee
    Reptile Rescue Hull Volunteer,
    Invert Rescue Hull manager,

A.avicularia, G.rosea, B.smithi, B.albopilosa
    P.murinus, H.lividum, L.parahybana, C.cyaneopubescens

Hi Lee,

I keep H. villosella. Mine are in pots with about an inch of substrate but they have totally webbed up the interiors, so that all you see is a web with a few holes in it and occasionally a spider

My original few came as slings from Richard too.

I keep them relatively dry, and just spray the web every so often. I also have a couple of adult females, and am in the queue for a mature male. I have at least two juvenile males here (prob. mature on their next moult), but they seem to be hanging on for dear life which is typical!

Phil.

My Collection:

Comment

ive had them for about 24hours and they have already made loads of web all over their tubs.

im hopeing that there will be a mix of male/females out of the 3 slings. im so supprised that more people dont keep alot of the "dwarf" species as they deffinetly dont need as much room and look just as nice as some of the larger species.

are there many other species that grow to about 2" when adult?? as i might get some more small size species.

Comment

well i have a Yamia which is a dwarf species growing to 2"
        My Collection: - Spiders are everywhere, so live with it
        Ray Gabriel

Comment

I've ordered a few from Richard myself. I think the photo he posted here clinched it.
          One of the books I have - [ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tarantulas-Arachnids-Complete-Owners-Manual/dp/0764114638/sr=8-6/qid=1168729309/ref=sr_1_6/026-7577219-8930034?ie=UTF8&s=books]Tarantulas and other Arachnids[/ame] - mentions them in the species section. Recommended care is pretty much what Phil said, so I guess a (smaller!) P. murinus setup is a decent description.

I think I got bit by the dwarf bug too! If you're after more, the Spider Shop has slings of a few different species at the mo. I recently got a couple of Phlogiellus baeri, which were almost an impulse buy thanks to the price, and I almost panicked when I saw how tiny they were in the flesh; but they settled down very quickly (one webbed up a pre-pressed hole within minutes) and don't say no to squashed crickets.

Comment

Originally posted by Warren View Post

I think I got bit by the dwarf bug too! If you're after more, the Spider Shop has slings of a few different species at the mo. I recently got a couple of Phlogiellus baeri,
            Ive heard that Phlogiellus is where the Yamia Koh Samui may really belong.
            My Collection: - Spiders are everywhere, so live with it
            Ray Gabriel

Comment

does anyone have any species info on these as im currently trawling for info to try to put a care guide together.

any information will be greatly apreiceated

Comment

Working...
              X