Ebay and You are the reason im here!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay and You are the reason im here!!

I wanted to show everyone this, almost as an end justification as to my whole argument regarding the rights to sell a Tarantula on Ebay that I personally exercised last summer.

Many of you will remember that my actions started what turned into a fantastic debate as to whether is was permissible or not to sell a spider on ebay. Whilst many members disapproved there were many that saw the logic behind it. I remember private emails with Mark Pennell shortly before the whole debate for and against became public property in a BTS forum. Mark (who is a true ambassador for the BTS), was the first person to contact me via email through ebay and raised my attention to the fact that BTS members were talking about my activity. Members were already complaining about the fact and indeed taking great pleasure in reporting me to ebay for "breaking their rules"...........

My whole argument was that whatever route a person took to buying a Tarantula - the end result (in most cases) would be to the benefit of Tarantulas and the BTS as a whole. Whether it's via ebay, Lee at the spidershop, Virginia Cheeseman's web site - it doesn't matter the end result was always going to be the same. The reason for BTS members reporting me to ebay was as someone eloquently put it "sour grapes".

As I understand things, Simon Batten - who is now an active member of the forums got his first spider from me via ebay. Nigel (the eightlegged freak) got his first spider from me via ebay. And the list goes on............

My intention today is not to re-ignite the whole ebay debate - no way. But I do want to show you this PM I received from a BTS member today. I think that this in itself justifies that my actions in selling a Tarantula in ebay fundamentally helped the BTS and indeed the Arachnids we all love so much.

Maybe I will start again……………………………………… ……..

Sincere and best regards

Jay.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Message received by PM.

Hi,

Not sure if you will remember me but ages and ages ago i bought a couple of slings from you 1 from ebay and 3 seperately.

Basically i just want to thank you, im now a member of the BTS and find everything amazingly interesting.

Many Thanks

Dan
    Everyones an Expert! "Ex" is a has been - "spurt" is a strong gush of water! You decide............................

A happy customer a priority in whatever a person does, no prob there. Have to admit the first debate on the ebay issue not the second debate was a bit daft that people were reporting to ebay. Whether I agreed or disagreed with selling on ebay reporting is not something I felt was right it was not really any of there business. Maybe it was competition and they were worried of losing to rivels selling and them being left with oodles of slings. Over all I found the debate interesting none the less and was glad to be involved is such a discussion.

Comment

it was a very good discussion Adam!!
      Everyones an Expert! "Ex" is a has been - "spurt" is a strong gush of water! You decide............................

Comment

alright Jay I have 30 spids now of various sizes I got my third one from you, but quite early on in the hobby, also my Mantis matured this week shes certainly grown alot since I got her found out shes a female as well, like I said before I have no problem with ebay i fact I regularly check and see if theres any on there, theres always millipedes and mantis on there
        The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

Working...
        X