please help!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help!!!!!!!!

can anyone tell me where i can find research papers on scopula of theraphosidae, really intrested hope someone can help accessed all sorts of web sites but can only view abstract and little info
    thank you wesley

Plenty here, i don't know what if any will be of use to you though

Dave

Comment

Hi a few problems arise when you start looking for papers.

the first is , as you say, is that you can find loads of abstracts ( the short synopsis of the paper often in English) but not the actual papers. If you do find the paper remember it will be written in the language of the author. Older papers are very difficult to find but I would recommend the British Libary.

This brings me on to my second point. Its sad but in life nothings free and this applies to many papers. The British Library charge for the sevice. I joined and paid around £20 per paper.

And now the final point. Be selective in what you are looking for. Many old papers are nothing more than a few lines in an obscure journal written in an old spanish or portugese language. You will be charged the same price for ten pages or two lines.

I would recommend an excellent book by Robert Samm. It collated together most of the papers on theraphosids into species order. Again this may be harder to find than the papers.

The BTS Library as a few and iif you PM me with the title that you are looking for I may be able to help you. We charge only for copying and postage. Get in touch.
      British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
      The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
      On
      [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

I agree with Ray H,

papers can be very hard to get, and once you get them getting them translated can be a bit tricky especially if they are in "old German" or even worse Latin, trying to translate latin on bable fish can be fun though, here is part of a paper and its bablefish translation

Bulbus maris piriformis, parum attenuatus, in parte secunda depressus, utrinque acute marginatus et dente parvo apicali munitus.

Bulbus husband piriformis , too little attenuatus , upon faction accordingly to press down utrinque acute marginatus and teeth child writing fortified.

This brings me to the reason of posting.

I dont know if papers are copywrite in the same ways books are or what the legal ramifications would be but, is it possible to have a paper section of the website where we can have papers online to read (not down load) AND thier translations?

if someone translates a paper can they charge for the translated papers?

or is this plagerism?

Ray G

Comment

It would'nt be plaigerised if the papers were referenced by the original writer or author at the end of it. Some interesting points made here and look forward to other ideas and views.

Comment

Working...
          X