G. Rosea eating question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G. Rosea eating question

today was feeding day for my G. Rosea and she's taken an extremely long time eating the first cricket.
    I usually feed her 3 a week, I would normally put them all in at the same time and about 4 hours later she'd have finished the lot.
    Now today shes still on the first one and its been 7 hours!!! I've removed the other ones for now. My thoughts are that I should possibly leave it a few days or even a week before trying her on any crickets again.

Am I on the right lines??

Cheers Mike

Originally posted by mike halewood View Post
    today was feeding day for my G. Rosea and she's taken an extremely long time eating the first cricket.
    I usually feed her 3 a week, I would normally put them all in at the same time and about 4 hours later she'd have finished the lot.
    Now today shes still on the first one and its been 7 hours!!! I've removed the other ones for now. My thoughts are that I should possibly leave it a few days or even a week before trying her on any crickets again.

Am I on the right lines??

Cheers Mike
    Mike
    This species is renowned for its finicky eating habits, adults often go long periods of time without eating with no ill effects. I once had a female go 18 months without feeding, she drank but would not eat. Then she eat for two weeks and molted.

your could be approching a molt and pretty much gone of the food etc.
    Regards
    Mark

------------------------------------------------------
    Serious Ink tattoo studio -
    Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Cheers Mark, I sort of knew this but I think abit of newbie panic struck!!!

And thanks for replying to my email re my BTS membership aswell.

Cheers

Mike

Comment

Working...
      X