Chile rose is she moulting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chile rose is she moulting?

Its me again! i think my rose is thinking about moulting as she is covering the floor outside her hide with web, mind you she jumped on two brown crickets that i fed her with so now Im confused as I thought they stopped eating befo,re a moult. In the last week her back that unhairy bit above her abdomen has gone a deep pink.Do I still feed her until she shows no interest in food? Please help!!!!!

First of all dont panic!

Tarantulas are strange creatures and they all have different habits. Thye have a unique body clock that tells them when to moult. She will moult when she is ready. Dont worry about feeding her. If she is hungry she will eat if not she will leave it alone. A bit like us "larger" humans.....we know we shouldnt but we still eat that Ice Cream

Maintain your humidity and temperature and if you put a cricket in and she doesnt take it then take it out. Crickets like to get their own back when she starts to moult.

Dont worry about her going hungry. tarantulas often go weeks without food in the wild.

Some tarantulas spin mats when they feed others when they lay egg sacs.

You dont have a problem so just sit back and enjoy!

hope this helps

Ray
    British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
    The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
    On
    [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

Originally posted by Carole Selkirk View Post
      Its me again! i think my rose is thinking about moulting as she is covering the floor outside her hide with web, mind you she jumped on two brown crickets that i fed her with so now Im confused as I thought they stopped eating befo,re a moult. In the last week her back that unhairy bit above her abdomen has gone a deep pink.Do I still feed her until she shows no interest in food? Please help!!!!!
      Ray
      Is right you don't have a problem, however worth noting is you mention the bold spot on her abdomen being pink, this will go very dark blue black, just a few days before a moult.

I think your spider might just be creating an egg sac; this is not an un-common occurrence with wild caught Chile roses.

Just keep an eye on her.

Regards
      Mark

------------------------------------------------------
      Serious Ink tattoo studio -
      Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
      My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

I would echo both what Mark and Ray have said. Keep an eye on her and keep offering food, but remove any uneaten after 18-24hrs to prevent any problems.

You don't say what size your rosea is, but if adult (or near enough) if it's still feeding, then a moult will not be 'imminent' they have quite a 'wind down' period pre-moult.

Comment

Working...
        X