Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haplopelma lividium

Hi
    I've got a question which might seem dumb but it is really puzzling me. My H. lividium surfaced after a moult last night and she has developed wierd pin stripes on her legs! I know males have white pin stripes but this spider has black ones, and on the lower segment of the legs above the feet they are replaced by a strange little black squiggle like an 'S'. Also her legs are bright flourescent blue so I'm pretty sure she is a female. Talking of blue, the other strange thing is that her carapace and abdomen (which is still grey) have got a bright blue sheen to them as well, which I wasn't aware that lividiums had. Have I got a hybrid or something? maybe this is only a stage of development, if so could somebody please advise me?
    sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Originally posted by nicoladolby View Post
    Hi
    I've got a question which might seem dumb but it is really puzzling me. My H. lividium surfaced after a moult last night and she has developed wierd pin stripes on her legs! I know males have white pin stripes but this spider has black ones, and on the lower segment of the legs above the feet they are replaced by a strange little black squiggle like an 'S'. Also her legs are bright flourescent blue so I'm pretty sure she is a female. Talking of blue, the other strange thing is that her carapace and abdomen (which is still grey) have got a bright blue sheen to them as well, which I wasn't aware that lividiums had. Have I got a hybrid or something? maybe this is only a stage of development, if so could somebody please advise me?
    Nicola
    Often, especially with Asian species after a moult they can look very different, this brilliance subsides after a few days and they look like they once did.

Regards
    Mark

------------------------------------------------------
    Serious Ink tattoo studio -
    Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Working...
    X