Is this mold? and what to do!! HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this mold? and what to do!! HELP

I setup the tank for my B. Smithi 10 days ago, and she went into it on Friday night. I've just gotten home from work and noticed this

Am I right in assuming this is mold?? The substrate is Coir and was put in pretty dry, and left a week before putting the T in.
    If this is Mold, am I ok removing the top layer of substrate? Or will I need to change the lot.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Mike

Mike
    Its difficult to tell from that image, it could also be urticating hairs - is your B, smithi gone bold on the abdomen since entering its new home?

Anyway just carefully gather up what you can see and discard it.. above dont panic to much just yet.

I have had big yellow mushrooms pop up over night with coir with no ill effects on the spider.

Cheers
    Mark

------------------------------------------------------
    Serious Ink tattoo studio -
    Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Ah Cheers Mark.

The B. Smithi (Vala) has been very calm since I got her. Spent an hour up on the glass the first night then she's pretty much been in the hide, only dashing out to catch somr crickets on Saturday.

I removed all of what I could see, and put the T back in. I'll see how it goes over the next few days (weeks).

Thanks again Mark

Mike

Comment

At least I wasa ble to get a slightly better pic!!

Comment

Working...
        X