Office Pet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Office Pet!

I just had a load of equipment and a spiderling delivered to my office from the spder shop, the sling was for my son who wants one of his own to keep, as i showed people in the office they were all really interested and thew little b albopilosum has now been adopted as the office pet!!!
    at one point there was several people rushing around trying to find a suitable small container for him!
    just goes to show that although your average person go's eeww at the thought when they actually have one there infront of them they get really excited and curious(even the bloke on the next desk wanted to keep it in the office and he's a self confessed arachnophobe!)

There is one bonus though...it means i dont have to wait until i get home to do the T thing!!

I was just reading this somewhere else!!!
    I couldnt do that as the people I work struggle to look at pics of my T's.

Good story though.

Mike

Comment

yeah i posted it on arachnoboards as well, they seem to get more traffic then the good ol BTS for some reason

Comment

Its great to open peoples eyes who dont know a lot on spiders and the metion of taratula and the first that many do as you said say eww. It was very much like when my mum found out i had a couple tarantulas secretly kept in my room after she became curious and wanted to see it and there was some amountof intrigue when she looked at it. If you give people the chace in their own time they can change their opinion and not see it as negativly.
        Once people find out that they are not dangerous and in general quite harmless providing you dont annoy it but that stands to reason with any pet regardless what it is

Comment

theres a lot more Americans than Brits Sean .

We have a lot of US members. Dont forget Scott is the BTS North American representative.
          British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
          The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
          On
          [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

Originally posted by seanrayns View Post
            yeah i posted it on arachnoboards as well, they seem to get more traffic then the good ol BTS for some reason
            Sean
            Traffic is high here too, around 1500 hits a day, we suffer from the "too afraid to post sydrome"

Saying that we also tend to get completed threads within a few posts and don't suffer to much from the "me too" "great spider" "lol" replies etc.

Any how! thanks for posting this little story made me chuckle Keep supporting the BTS forum, everyone is welcome here and friendly advice and information are freely given.

Cheers
            Mark
            Last edited by Kim Pennell; 01-02-07, 10:50 AM.

------------------------------------------------------
            Serious Ink tattoo studio -
            Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
            My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

here are some pics of the little guys enclosure you can see him/her on the open one as he has buried himself in the substrate
              the business card holders are perfect for a sling, ill be saving more of them for future housing!!
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X