Cyriopagapus Sp. Blue ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyriopagapus Sp. Blue ...

Can anyone tell me if there is actually any taxonomic difference between the so called spI and sp II of this species ? Or and they the same species just different locations ? Also are they inter-breedable <is that a word lol>
    or is it frowned upon at the minute ?

Judging <just by the pictures> they appear to be exactly the same species .. also probably been interbred already tbh ...

Confused ....

Lance

There is a huge article on these in the latest BTS Journal which will answer your question.

Ray

Comment

Cheer Ray

Joined a week or so but still waiting my membership/journal

Lance

Comment

I'm either still cannot get last 3 journals but searching the brain I'm sure they're the same species just from different locale...
        All the best,
        Mikhail from Russia

Welcome to: http://tarantulas.tropica.ru

Comment

They are from two different locations. Probably the same species, but are named differently to keep the bloodlines separate until someone does a proper identification.

I wouldn't cross-breed them if i were you.
          And he piled upon the whale's white hump, the sum of all the rage and hate felt by his whole race. If his chest had been a cannon, he would have shot his heart upon it.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Richardson View Post
            They are from two different locations. Probably the same species, but are named differently to keep the bloodlines separate until someone does a proper identification.

I wouldn't cross-breed them if i were you.

Its more like trying to get more money for them after the price has dropped as they are so easy to breed, so people are trying to get thier investments back. Also the wild caught ones which some people have invested alot of money are now also over priced due to captive breeding, so the costs have to be re-couped somehow.

Ray

Comment

Cheers Ray

Thats what I had heard so thought id bring it up in a thread to try to find out a little more info, I probably just worded it all a bit wrong

Thanks all for the input though

Lance

Comment

HI Lance,

I am trying not to say to much so i dont spoil the article for you (and others who have not read it yet).

Ray

Comment

Looking forward to reading the article Ray

Just getting back into the hobby after a 2-3 year break and a lot of very nice new species out there, have a few ordered atm but get most after Hamm.. hopefully Poc.Mettalica, Xen immansis/monstrosa, Cyrio blue and black, Thera apophysa but going to try get a decent colony of Xenesthis immansis this time and NOT get about 30 different species this time

Ill have to Chase up Mark for me journal

Lance

Comment

Good luck with finding the monstrosa, they are still pretty rare!!

It would be great to get a few more Xenesthsis in the hobby. You have impeccible tastes in spiders.

The article Ray mentioned is really good and very imformative.

Comment

Hi Lance,

Nice to see you abck.

If you want to get quality C/B Xenesthis immanis, intermedius, sp Hell , sp blue, keep in touch with Lee from the spider shop. He imports (when the weather is good) from a breeder who collected from the wild all his own adults, and his stock has never been contaminated with pet trade stuff.

Ray

Comment

Its good to be back Ray

Yep ill keep that in mind ... want to get a good base stock ..maybe about 20-30 immansis or so .... out of interest what the main difference between them and intermedius, most of the pictures ive seen have nothing obvious !

Cheers

Lance

Comment

Future BTS article (website article)

Ray

Comment

Cheers Ray will keep my eyes open for that one

Lance

Comment

Working...
                            X