Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B. albiceps spiderling still not eating!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B. albiceps spiderling still not eating!

Hi,
    I purchased a B. albiceps spiderling (2cm legspan) 4 weeks ago and it still hasn't eaten. I've tried feeding him micro silent crickets, and legs of larger crickets but he runs away. I know they can go a while without eating, but is 4 weeks a long time for a spiderling its size? Also, I've been trying to feed him legs with tweezers. Would it find its food if just leave a bit of cricket in its tub?

Any help greatly appreciated

Originally posted by Matthew Drewery View Post
    Hi,
    I purchased a B. albiceps spiderling (2cm legspan) 4 weeks ago and it still hasn't eaten. I've tried feeding him micro silent crickets, and legs of larger crickets but he runs away. I know they can go a while without eating, but is 4 weeks a long time for a spiderling its size? Also, I've been trying to feed him legs with tweezers. Would it find its food if just leave a bit of cricket in its tub?

Any help greatly appreciated
    Matthew
    is the abdomen plump and round? Does it look dark and shiny on stop where the urticating hairs are? If yes they it wont feed until it molts. Try not to disturb it for a few days and see if it molts, and all should be well then.

Try posting a picture if you can.

Cheers
    Mark

------------------------------------------------------
    Earth Tiger Tour & Tattooing
    Guided trips to Borneo and beyond
    Forget the rest travel with the best!

Comment

Don't have the ability to take a picture at the minute, sorry. Its abdomen is quite large in relation to its carapace, and it does have a blackish circle on the back of it.

I'll leave him a few days and see if anything happens

Comment

sounds like it could be coming up for a moult to me
        The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

Working...
        X