Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pseudhapalopus spinulopalpus

Hi Guys!

I am set to receive one of these little guys in the mail on Tuesday. They are still fairly rare in the US as if information on how to care for them. I have small anti-dotal info but if anyone here has some good care/set up info I would be grateful. I want to get her house ready today. This is a 2" female and here are some of the things I would love some info on.

Temprament
    Humdity
    Temperature
    Do they burrow?

I currently keep about 85 spiders and have many Theraphosa/Aphonopelma/Poecilotheria and more but wanted to try this when I feel in love with her pic.

Thank you for your help!
    Tabbie Norton
    Associate Editor
    American Tarantula Society
    www.atshq.org
    www.hokiepokiesburrow.com

"It's an Itsy Bitsy World"

Hello

>This is a 2" female and here are some of the things I would love some info on.

>Temprament

My ones were pretty docile then again all i did was feed mine. They are extremely slow growing so a 2" female is probably around 5 years old

>Humidity

I gave mine a drier period every few months
    > Temperature

Around 22 - 26 i did not bother heating mine ie: they were kept in containers in a room which had subsiduary heating from heated cabinets

>Do they burrow?

Mine never but then again i did not give them to much dirt to burrow in, the slings did but they only had 2 cm and they were around 5mm so plent deep for them

Not really much to say on these they are a pretty average spider to keep with no extra/different requirements apart from patience when rearing them from slings.

Ray

Comment

Thank you

Thanks Ray,

This helps just having this basic info. I feel confident she will do well. Thank you again for taking the time to answer my questions!
      Tabbie Norton
      Associate Editor
      American Tarantula Society
      www.atshq.org
      www.hokiepokiesburrow.com

"It's an Itsy Bitsy World"

Comment

Working...
      X