BTS Lectures - a great weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTS Lectures - a great weekend

Just a quick note to say big thank you to all those who attended this weekends 5th Annual BTS Lectures. It was great to see all the old and new faces and it was a record attendance. Hope you all had a good a time as we did and hope to see you at the 2008 event
    Regards
    Mark and Kim Pennell

There is a pictures thread click here

A few words from the comments book:

"Awesome Day & night, will definitely be coming again. Massive thanks to Mark+ Kim for all their hard work in organising this amazing event, many thanks"
    Tony Ainsworth 24/02/07

"Excellent, of course! Worth the 5 hour trip. Nice to know Mark P and Ray H can still drink a few!"
    Steve & Kiew McIntyre

"Excellent day we will bring more next year"
    Chris & the IAC Crew

"Lectures must have been excellent as I only came to accompany my husband, but became fully engrossed"
    Sue Holingmode

"Thanks to the BTS Staff & members for making this such an enjoyable trip that won't be forgotten. Great lectures and good company hope to see you all next year!"
    Tom Patterson (USA)

"We had a wonderful time (just like last year) and can't wait until next year! Thanks for everything!! "
    Scott & Debby Scher (USA)
    Last edited by Kim Pennell; 25-02-07, 07:39 PM.

------------------------------------------------------
    Serious Ink tattoo studio -
    Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
    My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Just returned from the BTS Annual Lectures and Dinner 2007. What a great weekend. Good to see everyone again and welcome some new faces. The lectures are what its all about for us. A chance to meet and socilaise with the members, listen to some great talks and enjoy a relaxing drink with good friends. (Even if it was 3.30am when we got to bed.)
    Thanks to all the lecturers, even that dodgy bloke who looks like William Shatner.. Andrew, Boris, Pete, Michael, Ray G.

Mark and Kim surpassed themselves as usual. It is often easy to overlook the effort that goes into such an event when it runs so smoothly.

Thanks to you both.

Nice to see Scott, Debbie,Tom and Michael from the USA.

Look forward to next year and remember no one is safe from the Blues Brothers Ray H And Mark P. We will be back!!!!

Ray and Angela Hale
    British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
    The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
    On
    [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

Lectures 2007

Id personally like to say a big thanks to all the speakers at this years lectures and the rest of the BTS comittee for which it would not have been as successful and as possible as it was. Be back next year without question.

Comment

Excellent day

I would just like to add a few words to those already posted by Mark.

I personally would like to thank Peter Kirk, Ray Hale, Boris Striffler, Michael Jacobi and Andrew Smith who put in a tremendous amount of hard work preparing lectures and travelling to the event and especially Ray Gabriel who stepped in at the last minute to give a very enjoyable update from last years lecture on Panama.

Mark and I along with the hotel staff put in a lot of effort to ensure the weekend runs smoothly, to give you all an exciting, informative and enjoyable weekend in comfortable surroundings. I can only put the event together, but it is you the attendees who came and enjoyed this wonderful weekend who also put in a lot of effort, to travel to Bristol from England, Scotland, Wales Europe and USA is in itself a major headache. So it is you who also helps to make this event a spectacular one and I would like to thank all those who came on Saturday you all deserve a big pat on the back - Thank you to

Angela Hale, Paul Carpenter, Richard Gallon, Connie Hera, Julie Nicholas, Martin Nicholas, Sarah Fellows, Mike Connabeer, Adam Smith, Hayley Smith, Stephen Copely, Nicky Faux, Lee Ardern, Anthony Ainsworth, Alison Berrisford, Sarah Houghton, Andy Fisher, Lesley Hedicker, Chris Sainsbury, Bo Sainsbury, Eddy Hijmensen, Steve Paine, Dave Breaden, Brian Chapman, Steve Bray, Chris Carter, Peter Davis, Mandy Davis, Daren Moss, Peter Bridgman, Kevin Baxter, Rachel Kirk, Scott Scher, Debby Scher, Tom Patterson, Tim Lee, Sharon Lowther, Keith Smith, Sally Smith, Stewart MacGregor, Steve McIntyre, Khiew McIntryre, Phil Rea, Sturart Longhorn, Dave Holingmode, Sue Holingmode, Phil Messenger, Nicola Dolby, Greg Greenaway, Georgina Mueller-Beilschmidt, Rick Howard, Anne Howard, Sarah Malcolm, Mark Pajak, Janet Baccaloni, Cameron Strike.

To those who were unable to come and booked you were missed and I hope see you all again in 2008

Kim
        Last edited by Kim Pennell; 26-02-07, 08:37 AM.

Earth Tiger Tour & Tattooing
        Guided trips to Borneo and beyond
        Forget the rest travel with the best!

Comment

My thanks to Kim and Mark and everyone else!

I am Heathrow awaiting a flight to Amsterdam before returning to the US the following day, and am reflecting on what a wonderful event it was. Absolutely first-class in every detail, this is a gathering that offers something for everyone. It was a pleasure seeing old friends and making new ones, and I already look forward to returning in May for the Exhibition.

Cheers and best wishes,

Michael

PS to any Americans reading: Let's try to double or triple the American presence next year. I promise you will enjoy the British people/hospitality, not to mention an incredible Lectures.
          MICHAEL JACOBI - exoticfauna@gmail.com
          -> Exotic Fauna, The Tarantula Bibliography, ARACHNOCULTURE E-Zine - exoticfauna.com
          -> The British Tarantula Society - thebts.co.uk
          | michael.jacobi@thebts.co.uk
          -> TARANTULAS.com - tarantulas.com

Comment

What can I add?

As has already been said, what an excellent weekend! I am still recovering now after Saturday night, I've not laughed so much in ages - possibly since last year's lectures!!!

It was great to see old friends & make new as well.

To Kim & Mark I think this year's line up was the best I've been to and despite the late loss of one lecturer all went smoothly (well almost- except Andy trying to sabotage his own talk in a desperate plea for powerpoint lessons! )

To anyone who hasn't been yet and is contemplating it - don't just think about it do it! The late night conversation in the bar drifted between tarantulas, music, kids TV & almost everything in between!!!

All in all a "groovy" weekend

Many Thanks,

See you all in May.

Mike & Sarah.
            www.serpents-web.co.uk a work in progress.

Now offering the full range of MicroClimate products and also the full range of Java wood Decor.

Have you joined the BTS yet? If not why not? See the E-store to join online now

What is understood does not need to be discussed!

Comment

Another successful lectures, well done Mark & Kim
              regards
              phil
              www.thetarantulastore.net

Comment

lectures

Thanks to Mark and Kim for a fantastic weekend. Had a totally entertaining time and the lectures themselves were perfect. Roll on next year's event!
                sigpicHate is for people who find thinking a little too complicated!

Comment

Top marks once again Mark and Kim. It was a great event with plenty of good laughs along the way. My only regret was that I didn't get the chance to talk to more people on the day, but then there's always next year!!

A great event to meet old and new friends...hold me a place for 2008

Cheers,
                  Richard

Comment

Just going to second what everyone else said I think. Great time hope to be there next year again.
                    Chris & Bo.

Comment

Just to add to my post in the other thread, the lectures and dinner were excellent, and I'll certainly be at the next one.

Great stuff

My Collection:

Comment

Thanks again everybody for the great trip. Hopefully I'll see you again next year.

Special thanks to Mark for the asprin on Sunday. What a life saver.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Patterson View Post
                          Thanks again everybody for the great trip. Hopefully I'll see you again next year.

Special thanks to Mark for the asprin on Sunday. What a life saver.
                          Hey Tom
                          No problem... could not sit back and see you suffer!...

Look forward to seeing you and other US hobbyist next year!

date: 23rd February 2008

All the best
                          Mark
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Mark Pennell; 03-03-07, 02:22 PM.

Serious Ink tattoo studio -
                          Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
                          My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Working...
                          X