Cricket Crystals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cricket Crystals

I went to my local exotic pet shop today and as always they had a really poor selection of crickets... however, they did have some "Cricket Crystals" which the guy recommended.

Anyone used these?

Are they safe?

Can I put them in the tank with the spider?

Why does it hint that they're poisonous to humans...?

I bought them as they seemed a good idea (and were 1.99 Pounds GB) - but I'm not sure if I should use them or not....

Bob

Check out these Spiderling Blogs
    欢迎访问绿巨人福利导航,黄色网站绿巨人,绿巨人网下载是一款非常不错的知识短视频分享手机APP,提供ios苹果下载/安卓下载。绿巨人黄台下载,绿巨人软件网站同时还就可以一起聊天互动哦,热爱的赶紧进行下载吧,和热爱的主播互动哦!

欢迎访问绿巨人福利导航,黄色网站绿巨人,绿巨人网下载是一款非常不错的知识短视频分享手机APP,提供ios苹果下载/安卓下载。绿巨人黄台下载,绿巨人软件网站同时还就可以一起聊天互动哦,热爱的赶紧进行下载吧,和热爱的主播互动哦!

Personally Bob, I have not heard of this particular product, but I think that they are similar to the water crystals for crickets etc.

Basically, they swell up when added to water and hold water for quite a period of time. They are then placed in a dish and the crickets can obtain moisture from the as and when they need to, in the cricket enclosure, not the spider's.

I have never used them, so can't comment as to how good they are. However, I generally use carrot for my cickets, this both provides moisture and a good food source alongside thier dry food. It is very cheap and doesn't mould as much as apple etc.

Pet shops/manufacturers have the nasty habit of selling very 'gimmicky' products, such as tarantula sponges, iguana leads etc, etc which serve no real useful purpose other than to make them money.

Personally, I wouldn't use them, but if you use them and like wat they do, then great!

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Farley (Huk7) View Post
      Basically, they swell up when added to water and hold water for quite a period of time. They are then placed in a dish and the crickets can obtain moisture from the as and when they need to, in the cricket enclosure, not the spider's.

I have never used them, so can't comment as to how good they are. However, I generally use carrot for my cickets, this both provides moisture and a good food source alongside thier dry food. It is very cheap and doesn't mould as much as apple etc.
      In my mind if a product is in any way toxic to anything (i.e. these crystal thingy's being toxic to humans), then it's not worth the risk. what ever the food item eats is eventually passed onto the feeding animal.
      I agree...carrot (or cucumber...although this doesn't last as long) is a good source of moisture.
      i feed locust to my T's primarily, and i just mist the side of the tank they're in every few days to give them the option of a drink. had no problems so far.

Comment

Working...
      X