• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H. minax query

i have two H. minax about 5-6cm legspan

I understand that these are big webbers and burrowers

neither of my two web or burrow.!!

Does anyone else find this with their own minax????

(also one of them is very defensive, as normal but the other one
    is so placid i could nearly pet her/him. weird)
    'A Woman's Prayer:
    Dear Lord, I pray for: Wisdom, To understand a man , to Love and to forgive him , and for patience, For his moods. Because Lord, if I pray for Strength I'll just beat him to death'

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning thats as good as their going to feel all day.

I had the same with my H. Schmidti, i moved her into another encloseure and a few hours she was making a burrow and webbing.

Comment

Hi Dee,

I have 3 x H.Minax one of which is a big adult female - Ting Tong (From Thailand) - a little britain tribute.

Ting Tong is a tank with deep substrate and long piece of cork bark (about 30cm) propped to the front of the glass to make a solid tunnel. She readilly adopted the tunnel and spun a lovely hide inside it. She rarely ventures out of the tunnel and is hardly ever seen, except in the very early hours of the morning. This is a real shame because she is beautiful. Because she feels safe she is pretty well behaved, but I wouldn't put my hand anywhere near her. I have seen just how quickly she can jump and strike. I wouldn't recommend "petting" one!

The two slings are both in cricket tubs with a film case to provide a hide, they are equally agressive and on par with the H.Lividum. They have both webbed up small runs and seem happy with that. If you give them a hide, or tunnel they will use it, but in my experience are not prolific at digging their own tunnels. That's not to say that other keepers H.Minax don't dig though.

I hope this helps a little.
      Everyones an Expert! "Ex" is a has been - "spurt" is a strong gush of water! You decide............................

Comment

Working...
      X