Dealing With Egg Sacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealing With Egg Sacks

hi, once your nymphs have emerged from the egg sack, how long do you leave it before seperating them? I have been told by my local pet shop who also breed spiders that they leave them in the same tank until they are left with about 50 spiders. They basically let the spiders eat each other, in a survival of the fiitest, and then seperate.

As i do not breed, i do not know if this is common practice or not? Or even if anyone agrees thats its right?

I keep mine in crix boxes, 20 or so to each box at nymph 2 stage, as they moult into spiderlings, then I seperate them. I don't agree with letting them eat each other, you wouldn't let a cat or dog do that, so why spiders??
    spider woman at Wilkinsons

Comment

Wow Mary, i have just noticed that your from MK! I live in Dunstable and grew up in West Bletchley near Windmill Hill Golf Course! Small world.

Thanks for your reply. How do you remove the slings? Sillt question i know but i dont know how people separate?

What do you have in your collection?

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Feasey View Post
        You've opened a can of worms there Glen

To separate them, you just steer them where you want them to go. Into separate pots or whatever

My Collection:

Comment

lol I recon its probably easier to ask what she hasnt got in her collection, hey Mary??
          The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.

Comment

hi, once your nymphs have emerged from the egg sack, how long do you leave it before seperating them? I have been told by my local pet shop who also breed spiders that they leave them in the same tank until they are left with about 50 spiders. They basically let the spiders eat each other, in a survival of the fiitest, and then seperate.

As i do not breed, i do not know if this is common practice or not? Or even if anyone agrees thats its right?

Which species do you have an eggsac from?

Ray

Comment

Hi Ray,

I only have 1 B.vagans and 1 G.Spatulata at the mo but would like to attempt breeding in the future. At the moment i am asking the questions i feel i need answering before i take the next step!

Regards, Glen

Comment

No such species as Grammostola spatulata at the moment Glen. It's been synonymised with Grammostola rosea, so you've got a G. rosea

My Collection:

Comment

Oops Sorry Phil, well she is just a common old Chilie Rose. Sorry for my mistake! lol

I am still learning here as mentioned earlier but i have to say i have found this forum to be great! Thanks for everyones help!

Comment

Sorry for what Glen? It's difficult to keep up with all the name changes at the best of times

We're all learning continually. I know I sure am

My Collection:

Comment

Thats true! Well i hope to find a male for her this year and attempt breeding which i am really excited about! She seems in such great condition it seems natural to give her the opportunity to breed!

Comment

Working...
                      X