Sling Hides

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sling Hides

We had my niece and nephew over today (they were totally fascinated by my T's) and while they were here I took them to the shop for some sweets (basically too keep me occupied - I know I'm cruel lol)

Anyway they both had a Kinder Surprise Egg. Having devoured the chocolate, and got me to make the toy for them, I had a sudden idea for a use of the little plastic toy holders..Sling Hides!

Personally I don't like keeping slings in little film canisters, so I buy little food pots from Woolworth's, there small enough so the sling doesn't get lost in there, but big enough to like them have a wonder if they want too (I might be being daft, but anyway lol)

I cut one of the plastic containers in half, and popped it in my B smithi's cage (after it had been washed with boiled water) and it seems to make a simple hide away for the sling. I took a couple of pics as I am rubbish at explaining these sort of things.

It remains to be seen if the sling uses it, but it has the option too if it wants too.

Most of all, out can get 4 out of 1 Kinder Egg, if you have kids anyway, then you can spoil them and the T's!

Kain

Good idea Kain! I have 2 kids so guess what eggs they are getting for Easter! lol

Comment

I like that idea i might have to use it. there is some much plastic out there its a shame not to use it, must small food things come in sealed plastic boxs ete ...punch a few holes and you have an ideal sling home...
      Dan.

Comment

i use the tops off of deodorant cans, when washed and cut in half they also make great sling hides.
        Reptile Rescue Hull Volunteer,
        Invert Rescue Hull manager,

A.avicularia, G.rosea, B.smithi, B.albopilosa
        P.murinus, H.lividum, L.parahybana, C.cyaneopubescens

Comment

good idea

brilliant i don't have kids but i loooove chocolate and i have 9 slings at the moment so thats a lot of choc ummmmm.

Comment

Working...
          X