Noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noise

This might sound like a daft question but can tarantulas hear? Does loud noise affect them in any way?

Thought I would ask before putting mine next to my son's bedroom, where loud music and verbal abuse thrown a computer games can often be heard.

Also what are the best thermometers and humidifiers, only I have already bought two and both don't work!!!!

Barbara

Exo Terra round ones that stick to the inside of your tank!

Comment

Hi Barbara,

What can bother the T's is the vibrations etc from loud Televisions, games and sterios. I would try to keep your T in a quieter area. I have some that are fine with noise and others are bothered a LOT. If they lose weight, climb the walls or sit in the corners with their knees pulled tight over them...well they may be feeling defensive or bothered. Then again could be any number of things but yes I would try to keep them around super loud noise or foot traffic until you know if this is something yours will tolerate.
      Tabbie Norton
      Associate Editor
      American Tarantula Society
      www.atshq.org
      www.hokiepokiesburrow.com

"It's an Itsy Bitsy World"

Comment

Thanks Tabbie I will try this approach much appreciated.

Barbara

Comment

I must say when I am in my spider room I listen to Rammstein and other metal and have never noticed a problem . I would love to see my Salmon Pink playing air guitar. Start them off on Abba and build them up slow.

Seriously Tabbie is quite right spiders sense vibration and can become disturbed by it. Take care particularly with the South American species as they flick like crazy when stressed. Asian tarantulas dont seem to bad ( probably becuse they are as hard as nails).

Ray
          British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
          The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
          On
          [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

Didnt realise you were a Metal Head Ray !!

More into Iron Maiden, Rainbow,Judas Priest, AC/DC and the older decent stuff myself

Lance

Comment

Was just about to post the same Ray, i have had all the poke species breed and make eggsacs with a Rammsteil / metal / punk back ground..............................Its rap music and other new stuff that stopps them dping anything

LOLOLO

RayG

Originally posted by Ray Hale View Post
              I must say when I am in my spider room I listen to Rammstein and other metal and have never noticed a problem . I would love to see my Salmon Pink playing air guitar. Start them off on Abba and build them up slow.

Seriously Tabbie is quite right spiders sense vibration and can become disturbed by it. Take care particularly with the South American species as they flick like crazy when stressed. Asian tarantulas dont seem to bad ( probably becuse they are as hard as nails).

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Hale View Post

Ray
                perhaps your spiders like there metal too lol.

Comment

Originally posted by LanceHutchings View Post
                  Didnt realise you were a Metal Head Ray !!

More into Iron Maiden, Rainbow,Judas Priest, AC/DC and the older decent stuff myself

Lance
                  new wave british hairy metal eh? Must admit I like most of those bands although rainbow are my stepdads era they are ok

Comment

Ive been in to metal since the 70's. I listen to Purple Zep ect but Angela (belive it or not that shy retiring one ) loves Rammstein . You have to move with the times.
                    British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
                    The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
                    On
                    [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

You and ray were lucky to have been around when the whole metal/ punk and great music started up. I was only born half way through the huge success and could'nt appreciate the bands at the time. I appreciate them now but they all getting on and chopping hair off and live I wouldnt think would be as good now as they wer 25 years ago

Comment

Working...
                      X