G Rosea oddness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G Rosea oddness?

I'm sat here tonight thinking about going to bed, and watching my Rosea waving it's legs about.

On closer inspection, she seems to be putting her from legs in what I could only describe as a mouth, pulling them out and then stroking them with her pedipalps.

Am I going mad, or is she grooming herself?

This afternoon she ate a couple of big fat juicy crickets, the one she ate, the other she wrapped in webbing and has buried it in the peat..

I mean perhaps it's normal, and me being a noob I ain't seen it before, but it surely is interesting what shes up too.

Kain

Kain,

I have observed my B.vagans gently running a rear leg over her abdomen. Maybe your G.rosea is grooming?

She does also catch crickets, seems to bite them and either wraps them or takes them inside her hide to devour later. I guess this could be a opportunistic reaction, taking advantage of the food while it is available.

Glen

Comment

Originally posted by Kain Prestwood View Post
      I'm sat here tonight thinking about going to bed, and watching my Rosea waving it's legs about.

On closer inspection, she seems to be putting her from legs in what I could only describe as a mouth, pulling them out and then stroking them with her pedipalps.

Am I going mad, or is she grooming herself?

This afternoon she ate a couple of big fat juicy crickets, the one she ate, the other she wrapped in webbing and has buried it in the peat..

I mean perhaps it's normal, and me being a noob I ain't seen it before, but it surely is interesting what shes up too.

Kain
      Kain
      Completely normal behaviour, as you surmised she is just cleaning herself up
      regards
      Mark

------------------------------------------------------
      Serious Ink tattoo studio -
      Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
      My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

G.Rosa oddness

Hi Kain

I have just brought my G.Rosa home today, after a quick panic where I thought she was stressed out by journey and new surroundings, all seem to be ok.

She is behaving like you said your G.Rosa was last night, running her front legs over her pedipals she has been doing this for some time although it only seems to be one set of front legs (left or right depending on which angle you are watching her from). I am assuming she is settling down and relaxing what do you think?

Barbara

Comment

My little A Avic does this every night before she goes on her wanders looking for food, the strange thing is when she catches a locust she's started to walk back to her web, place the locust just inside, groom herself for a while then pop inside her web to eat.
          House proud maybe?

This might not be 100% normal A Avic behaviour but i have seen countless spiders grooming like you mention.

Comment

Working...
          X