Feeding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeding

I've had my G.Rosa home for a week now and I'm a little confused about feeding.

I have been feeding her medium sized crickets, I gave her 3 the first night,
    gone in morning, 4 the next night of which only 2 were eaten, but the other 2 were eaten the next night. Sunday I did not feed her at all. Monday I gave her three which were gone the next day, Tuesday I gave her three 2 eaten one left Wednesday. Did not feed her Wednesday night, Thursday gave her 4 and this morning they have all gone!!!

Thats 17 medium sized crickets this week ( I have read about 6 a week is the norm) Question is this excessive for a T, or maybe she's just hungry after being in the Pet shop quite awhile.

Need some advice, do I feed her tonight? I feel if I do she will eat them but I don't want to overfeed her.

HELP!

Barbara

Im no expert but I would say that is overfeeding. Realistically you should only feed around 3 or 4 crickets appropriate to the T's size a week, even less is ok.

Mike

Comment

HI!
      Grammostola rosea`s comes from a very harsh enviroment in nature, and are used to eat when they are allowed, and wait for more food for a very loong time. When you feed her this much, she will normaly very soon start to fast. Read more about this, and other things related to G.rosea on this site http://www.ucalgary.ca/~schultz/roses.html .

greets
      Robin
      Everything is useless
      Nothing works at all
      Nothing ever matters
      Welcome to the fall

Comment

Feeding

Hi Robin

Thanks for the link on G.Rosa's great site. Won't be feeding her for quite awhile I think, as she has been pigging out all week!!!

No really information was really helpful and much more indepth than other sites I have visited

Cheers

Barbara

Comment

Thanks for the link Robin, have just had a quick read and I may have to adust the living conditions for ours. I know next to nothing about these creatures so any information is very much appreciated. Although I know a lot more now than I did a few months ago
          B. boehmei - T. blondi - G. rosea x 5 -
          C. cyaneopubescens - N. chromatus -
          L. parahybana - H. maculata x 2 - G. aureostriata
          P. irminia - P. murinus

Comment

Working...
          X