First Death :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Death :(

Well I knew it would happen sooner or later, but I would have rather it had been later.

One of my Avic avic slings has died, the one I was worried that was wasn't eating.

Don't think I have done anything wrong, I have other A avic's from the same brood and there all fine, but the little one that died was a hell of alot smaller than the other two.

He's definitely dead though, his little legs are curled up under him.

Ahh well, bit sad that, even though it was just a sling.

Kain

First Death

Sorry Kain bad luck, I guess it was perhaps weaker than the others, you did say it was much smaller.

Barbara

Comment

Sorry to hear that Kain... it is not uncommen for slings to die ....thats one of the resons why tarantulas have so many young...better odds of a few living ....anyway sorry to hear it mate.
      Dan.

Comment

Yeah it sucks abit, but I suppose it's like my Cichlids, It's natural selection what lives.

Just a shame really as he was pretty cute being so tiny.

Kain

Comment

Yer i think that you should only look on the up side though....at least now you have that tiny little space for another Tarantula ....( sry if this *joke* was to erly)
          Dan.

Comment

Hard luck mate,
            as you say though if the others are doing well then chances are it was a bit of bad luck and not anything you did wrong if they were all kept in a similar environment.
            I agree with Dan...cheer yourself up....go buy another sling.

Comment

Got some comming wednesday :P

Kain

Comment

LOL good man! Sorry to hear of your loss but like you said, T's would not have such a high birth number if all survived everytime!

What have you ordered?

Comment

That sucks man, I feel your pain, my H Lividum died today

I've heard Avic slings are hard to rear, and it's kinda putting me off one of those lovely Versicolor's Lee has at the moment...

But then again I guess it can't be THAT hard else we'd never see any CB adults?!?

Ah I'll more than likely end up with one...
                  All those legs and not a pair of shoes in sight... Nice tarsus tho...

Comment

Working...
                  X