G Rosea about to moult

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G Rosea about to moult

Checked on my rosie earlier and noticed that he'd made a nice little blanket of webbing around him. After reading some of your posts I made the assumption that he might be about to moult. My daughter and I checked him about half an hour ago and there he was on his back. He's not moving much, but as I've never experienced this before I dont really know what to expect. Because he's not been feeding since the end of September we dont know if he will make it, but we're keeping our fingers crossed.
    B. boehmei - T. blondi - G. rosea x 5 -
    C. cyaneopubescens - N. chromatus -
    L. parahybana - H. maculata x 2 - G. aureostriata
    P. irminia - P. murinus

Hey Helen,
    Fingers crossed it should be ok. G, roseas are renowned for their fasting periods and aparently can go up to a year without food and still remain on 8 legs!!

Here's hoping it gets through ok, keep us posted!

Comment

Im SSsssooo Jealous!!! Good luck with it, and as Johanna has said keep us all informed.

Mike

Comment

Thanks. I hope all turns out ok and will definately let you know what happens.
        P. irminia - P. murinus

Comment

How big was he before moult?

Remember and not feed him for a few days once he's done, you'll need to wait till he's hardened up!

All the best!

Rob
          All those legs and not a pair of shoes in sight... Nice tarsus tho...

Comment

In the position he's in now I'd guess about 4 inches with legspan. My daughters had him a year now and this is his first moult. He's not moving and he doesnt appear to have done anything in about an hour and a half, but I dont know how long this process takes and if this is normal.
            P. irminia - P. murinus

Comment

Just bear with it, don't move him mind!

You could always spray one side of the tank (not the spider!) to increase humidity in case the enclosure's a bit dry. This can help with a troublesome moult.

But just let him be, I hope everything works out ok!
              All those legs and not a pair of shoes in sight... Nice tarsus tho...

Comment

Ok may well do that Rob and I will keep an eye on him through the evening and maybe mist it a bit later as I must admit I haven't misted the enclosure for a couple of days.

Thanks for all the info guys and I'll be sure to let you all know what happens.

Helen
                P. irminia - P. murinus

Comment

G.rosea about to moult

Hi Helen

Hope all goes ok. I have only just acquired my G.rosea and am completely besotted with her, so much so I might just have to get another T.

Let us know how things are going, I understand it can take some time tho.

Barbara

Comment

I believe it can take anything up to 24 hours with an adult T.

Best of luck Helen!

Kain

Comment

some of our adluts have taken longer than 24 hours and been fine

Comment

Working...
                      X