Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Substrate.

Hi to all.
    Just thought i would update those who are interested, the two setups, that i have done, one with 100%Vermiculite, and the other 100% peat. Well, both seem mite free at the moment, but this could be because i am trying hard to keep them this way. Both T,s seem very happy with what they have. One question has been answered, good husbandry is the key. But we will see what happens over the next month.
    My B. Smithi is running around the peat like a mad lion, eating everything it can. And my A.Chalcodes hides in her hole giving me just the pleasure of her front legs.Not the slightest bit interested in food. Funny how they captivate you??

Sounds like a happy chalcodes to me! Mine are on straight peat and they burrow right down and pretty much stay there unless something disturbs them.
    This is out of focus but it was cute so I will share, this is Josephine an adult female A. chalcodes “You want to cross the bridge that will cost you 2 crickets”
    Tabbie Norton
    Associate Editor
    American Tarantula Society
    www.atshq.org
    www.hokiepokiesburrow.com

"It's an Itsy Bitsy World"

Comment

How about a locust and a bean weevil....?
      All those legs and not a pair of shoes in sight... Nice tarsus tho...

Comment

Sounds like a fair trade to me!
        Tabbie Norton
        Associate Editor
        American Tarantula Society
        www.atshq.org
        www.hokiepokiesburrow.com

"It's an Itsy Bitsy World"

Comment

You should rename her Josephine "troll"ette.

Nice picture, gave me a giggle with the caption.

Comment

Richard, thanks for your update! I am particulally interested in your findings as this is a question that i often ask people. I guess you might get better results in a month or two?

Comment

Working...
            X