No announcement yet.

Cool Ambient Air Temps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nope the link is fine, thank you very much... i owe you one mate.
    Dan.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Hale View Post
      I use a Dragon Oil Filled radiator to heat my room
      Dragon Oil eh? I bet thats hard to come by nowadays!

Mike.

My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Dragon oils on the top shelf next to the unicorn horn and rocking horse "you know what"

Comment

Very good you guys.........got it at Homebase if you must know.

British Tarantula Society - Join today safe and secure online

[B]
          The 29th BTS Annual Exhibition
          On
          [B]Sunday 18th May 2014[B]

Comment

Ray, dont encorage them! lol

Comment

Glen, I also work from home - my Mrs and I use a spare bedroom which houses 4 computers and associated tools of the trade. At the moment, the room also features my spiders, scorpions, leaf insects, roaches, maclays spectres etc. I was a little concerned with temperatures and the costs of individual heating etc. Plus also - I like fresh air and like to have the windows open even in winter.

My solution was to buy 2 or 3 meter long heat mats. I then got some tin foil and sellotaped it to the wall to make a reflector. I then stuck the heat mats to the tin foil leaving about 18 inches between mats. I then simply stacked my bigger spiders (18 in total) in their reptile keeper type tanks against the wall. On top of this I have had a G.Rosea sling all winter with no direct heating. The ambient heat as it's risen from the mats has kept it fine all winter. I have several species kept this way and have had no problems with temps etc.
              Everyones an Expert! "Ex" is a has been - "spurt" is a strong gush of water! You decide............................

Comment

Sorry Glen, couldn't resist :

Comment

Working...
                X