I did it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did it

I gave in and ordered a juvenile B. emilia and a G. aureostriata from the tarantula shop so they should get here tomorrow

Ok so I'm nervous now and excited all in one go. I have everything ready and have bought some micro mealworms for the sling and pinhead crickets for the juvenile (I also have slightly larger ones here if needed).

Once they get here is there anything I need to do apart from let them settle? Will they need fed right away (well same day) or should I leave them completely alone for a day or 2?

Thanks
    Elaine

Give me all your Avics !!!!!

Hi Elaine,

Congrats on your new T's

I personally would leave them for a couple of days to settle before feeding, but both of the species that you are getting are voracious feeders, so should feed very well.

You will find that the aureostriata grow at an exponential rate compared to the emilia, but both are stunning once they start to gain their adult colouration.

Good luck for tomorrow and we look forward to some pics

Howard

Comment

Thanks Howard

I cant wait until they get here lol. I'm like a kid at Christmas.

I will have to talk nice to my poor old Dad to take the photo's. I cant use a camera and the photo's always come out really blurred. It may be a few days or so though before he can visit with his camera.

Elaine

Comment

i'll look forward to it and gd luck when they arive.
        Dan.

Comment

On their way

Thanks Dan

I just had an email from the Tarantula shop to let me know they have been sent so they are now on their journey here. They should hopefully get here tomorrow.

Who would have thought that a woman of my age could still get so excited about something lol.

Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine Ross View Post
            Thanks Dan

I just had an email from the Tarantula shop to let me know they have been sent so they are now on their journey here. They should hopefully get here tomorrow.

Who would have thought that a woman of my age could still get so excited about something lol.

Elaine

Best of luck and happy spidering with your new arrivals Elaine!
            Remember Elaine your only as old as the spider you feel!

Regards
            Mark

------------------------------------------------------
            Serious Ink tattoo studio -
            Discounts on tattoo's for BTS members
            My Collection: - Support captive breeding

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Pennell View Post
              Best of luck and happy spidering with your new arrivals Elaine!
              Remember Elaine your only as old as the spider you feel!

Regards
              Mark

Thanks Mark

You certainly gave me a laugh with that statement lol.

I'm sure I will be back with plenty of questions, panics, as well as to tell what is happening with my little ones.

I have a notebook handy to jot down anything of importance like tracking food eaten, moulting times, and of course all the answers to the all the questions I will be needing answers to.

Ok, just to wait now.

Elaine

Comment

Well like i said good luck and post some pictutres when you can .... and dont worry about asking questions ...we all learn something new here...
                Dan.

Comment

Hi Elaine,

congratulations on your new spiders.
                  I know how your feeling right now, i also have a new arrival
                  tomoro, that excitiment feeling never goes away
                  no matter how many spiders you get.
                  good luck tomoro.

Dee.
                  x
                  'A Woman's Prayer:
                  Dear Lord, I pray for: Wisdom, To understand a man , to Love and to forgive him , and for patience, For his moods. Because Lord, if I pray for Strength I'll just beat him to death'

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning thats as good as their going to feel all day.

Comment

Congratulations on your new Ts,i think you made 2 good choices there! I've never had those species myself but they are choice species,especially the aureostriata.
                    My Collection: - Spiders are everywhere, so live with it
                    Ray Gabriel

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Farley (Huk7) View Post
                      Hi Elaine,
                      You will find that the aureostriata grow at an exponential rate compared to the emilia, but both are stunning once they start to gain their adult colouration.
                      Howard
                      Which might not be too long. I've had a B. emilia sling for a few months, which has gone through one moult. (Geological compared to other slings I've kept). It's got a legspan of less than 2cm, but it's already one of my most colourful spiders.

Nice choices. Hope you enjoy the experience.

Comment

I bought my Chaco Golden Knee from the spidershop last year. The service was phenominal and the sling has already moulted 4 times and is starting to look like a mini T.

Excellent choices, Enjoy

Comment

Thanks everyone and update

I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone for your replies, advice, information and of course encouragement. You're the best

UPDATE: They are here woohoo. I cant believe how tiny the G. aureostriata is. I almost missed it hiding in the tube lol. It (Frank) has got a black abdomin and the rest is a pale creamy colour. Way cool

The B. emilia (Matt) is amazing and moving around a lot. Its got fabulous colours even at that size. You can see the markings already. Absolutely fascinating little thing.

I'm excited and apprehensive at the same time. I do hope I do right by these little ones.

Clare, its nice to know your little one is doing well. I hope mine does too.

Thanks again
                          Elaine
                          ps. My daughter named them for now

Comment

Congratulations, I'am sure you will get on fine with them...you wait until they start to grow up... You will love it. All the best,
                            Dan.

Comment

Working...
                            X