Its Done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its Done!

Well it's took a couple of days to finish, but I have got there.

With abit of wood from B&Q and the use of my mates tools, I have built my first enclosures!

It's cost about a tenner to build, theres 3 compartments which are a foot square. It's just a basic frame with ply attached. The lids are little frames with netting for ventilation, the whoke thing has duct tape edging which I think looks pretty smart.

I must say I'm pretty damn pleased with it. I just hope my G rosea and P scrofa will too!

Kain

Wow....well...well done mate it looks amazing....just out of intrest how are you planning to heat it ? Anyways brill job.
    Dan.

Comment

Dont get the wrong end of the stick, i anit being picky or nout just that...i have one like this ( just one tank ) and though i could not heat it because the wood at the back would not let that much heat though??
      Dan.

Comment

Well I have already tested if the heat would come through the wood at the back, and it does (heat mats) However the room the spiders are in are warm anyway.

If not I will drill small holes in the back where the heat mat will attach which will let heat through.

Kain

Comment

Cheers kain this helps me, although i should have just done what you did and test...
          Cheers,
          Dan.

Comment

No worries mate.

We now have occupents!

P scrofa and L parahybana 3rd area is empty for now.

Temp is registering 26.C so should be ok.

Kain

Comment

looks good, I dont think Ive ever seen a woden t enclosure before,makes a nice change.
              The Ts are in there are they, I think I just see one on the left hand side.
              My Collection: - Spiders are everywhere, so live with it
              Ray Gabriel

Comment

Looks very good they have a lot of space...witch is nice.
                Dan.

Comment

Very nice enclosures
                  Do you know how the wood will react to the humidity in your tanks?

Greets
                  Robin
                  Everything is useless
                  Nothing works at all
                  Nothing ever matters
                  Welcome to the fall

Comment

Ive tried keeping T`s in a similar wooden enclosure but encountered mould growing up the wood , so dont let the sides get too damp if poss !

well done in making it tho , gives you a lot of satisfaction doesnt it ?

I built my enclosure first and then had all the glass tanks made to measure from a local firm . At £9 per glass tank with lids, i thought it was very reasonable . To finish , i covered the backs with the photographic backgrounds you buy from pet shops and taped around every edge with normal black tape .

Comment

I know some guys that uses a chemical on their wood enclosures that is usually used when building bathrooms. When the chemical is dry, you can paint on it. The chemical makes the wood waterproof.
                      Everything is useless
                      Nothing works at all
                      Nothing ever matters
                      Welcome to the fall

Comment

It's done

Nice enclosures Kain.

Well done looks like all your hard work was worth it.

Barbara

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Shone View Post
                          looks good, I dont think Ive ever seen a woden t enclosure before,makes a nice change.
                          Larry, apart from the hatchling boxes that i've just started using for my breeding selection of T's, I've nearly always used wooden display cages, I've had the odd experiment with aquariums and other petpal styles but always come back to my alltime favorite.
                          It's a nice sense of achievement when you've made them and they're all setup with a T in them. When you have them at the correct temp, the wood insulates against drafts etc.

Top left: G Rosea / bottom left: A Geniculata / Top right: L Parahybana / Bottom right: Pandinus Imperator
                          Top cage Now used for Pandinus cavimanus / hatchling box had P regalis sling in it before moved to wall enclosure

Two of my wall enclosures
                          left: P regalis / right: A Avic
                          Red lights for nightime viewing (dimmable)
                          Last edited by Guest; 08-05-07, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Both fantastic cages...i am gonna have to bulid something like this so it is all set up for when i come back from the show.
                            Dan

Comment

Working...
                            X